Such a crappy day... got into a fender bender

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lucyinthesky88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Veteran
Today has been crap, guys. I got into a fender bender (minor luckily). No injuries and the lady's car that I hit (yes... it was my fault!) had very little damage I think. My car on the other hand has a small dent in the hood. My hubby is not going to be happy. And he's been out of town on a fishing trip since Wednesday. Not really what I wanted him to come home to. It could have been much worse but... yeah. Not a great day. I did lay down for awhile afterward and did some kick counts though and baby is just happy as can be, I think. So grateful for that!
May 19th, 2013, 06:22 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I am so sorry you're having such a crappy day. On the other hand I am so glad everyone was ok and there wasn't much damage. So happy to hear baby gave kicks and moving around. I'm sure your DH will just be happy that you're ok. *HUGS* I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

May 19th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Veteran
So sorry! I was also in a wreck last Friday. My first wreck ever and it was my fault and it wasn't minor. Thankfully we are all ok, and my car should be fixed by this weekend, but I'm pretty sure the other drivers car was totaled. It was a small sedan from the 90s so I'm sure the damage exceeded the value... just hate that I made this other person have to find a new car. But, I'm really thankful she wasn't in some massive SUV, since she hit me in my drivers side door and could have been much worse if she was in a bigger car.

Hopefully your hubby will just be relieved that you are safe! Also, it might be worth calling your provider. It's probably because my accident wasn't minor and the point of impact was on my door, but I had to go spend several hours in L&D to monitor baby. Thankfully she looked perfect, but I've still been paranoid and paying way more attention to how much she moves for the last week.
May 19th, 2013, 06:49 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh no. Thankfully it was minor and baby seems happy! I hope your husband doesnt give you a hard time about it.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
May 19th, 2013, 07:01 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no I'm glad nobody was hurt but ugh, that stinks

May 19th, 2013, 09:14 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry I'm so glad you both are ok.

May 19th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Veteran
Thanks ladies for the support. I haven't been in a car accident for at least 10 years and it definitely had me shook up. I swear it took me forever to find the hazard light button (haven't had to use it yet). My husband was very supportive when he got home tonight. He was just happy me and the baby were ok... the bummer is that I thought the damage to my car was more minor than it really was. Turns out I will probably need a new hood and the bumper is cracked so that will probably get replaced too. Definitely going to have to file a claim with our insurance to get it fixed and we have a $500 deductible. Oh well... life goes on! Thanks for listening ladies! You're awesome!
mom2K&G likes this.
May 19th, 2013, 09:41 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Glad you and baby are okay

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
May 19th, 2013, 09:42 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im just glad you and the baby are alright and your husband was understanding and glad you were safe. Sorry about the $500 deductible!! That stinks!

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
May 19th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabies View Post
So sorry! I was also in a wreck last Friday. My first wreck ever and it was my fault and it wasn't minor. Thankfully we are all ok, and my car should be fixed by this weekend, but I'm pretty sure the other drivers car was totaled. It was a small sedan from the 90s so I'm sure the damage exceeded the value... just hate that I made this other person have to find a new car. But, I'm really thankful she wasn't in some massive SUV, since she hit me in my drivers side door and could have been much worse if she was in a bigger car.

Hopefully your hubby will just be relieved that you are safe! Also, it might be worth calling your provider. It's probably because my accident wasn't minor and the point of impact was on my door, but I had to go spend several hours in L&D to monitor baby. Thankfully she looked perfect, but I've still been paranoid and paying way more attention to how much she moves for the last week.
Oh no! So glad you're ok! Accidents are scary, pregnant or not! I totally get what you mean when you say you felt guilty for the other driver. She had her little boy in the back and I just felt so awful! Luckily it was like a 5-10 mph crash and she said they both were fine (he did drop his cookie though and was upset about that!) but still... ugh. We exchanged information and everything and I will probably give them a call in a couple days just to see how they're doing. I'm also going to call my doctor in the morning just to let her know and see what she thinks I should do. And I'm going to be extra diligent tonight to make sure I feel him kicking lots when I go to bed.

So happy your little one looked great when you went to L&D after your accident -- it sounds like it could have been worse with your accident not being so minor! Hope you both continue to do well Hugs!
May 20th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no, I'm sorry! Luckily it was minor and no one was hurt!

May 20th, 2013, 10:35 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! Glad everyone is okay!
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search