Front/back double strollers...

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BeachMum

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2013, 08:54 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a jogger so I'm wanting a front and back double stroller that I can keep in my van and can take out when shopping, etc for my bigger boys (I will wear baby girl), which one are you eyeing/buying or have that you recommend OR don't recommend?
kjm likes this.

May 20th, 2013, 09:46 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last time i had a Graco duoglide, it was nice and I did like it a lot, it was a heavy stroller though!!!

This time around I decided to go with a Sit N Stand double

May 20th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Following this because I need one too..

May 20th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I bought this GRACOBABY - Ready2Grow and my only complaint is its HEAVY! lol! It turns ok, the kids are super comfy, I love that one faces me (the smaller of the two!)

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

May 20th, 2013, 10:24 AM
I'm thinking this one, I like that I can change the seats:
Amazon.com: Contours Options LT Tandem Stroller, Crimson Red: Baby

I also keep hearing from friends how great the Phil & Teds stroller is, BUT there isn't much basket space and well I really will want basket space with how many kids I have with me all the time.
Amazon.com: Phil and Teds Navigator Stroller with Doubles Kit (Sky): Baby

May 20th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The Phil and Teds stroller is cool but I'd be weirded out that one baby sits almost on the ground. How strange.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

May 20th, 2013, 10:35 AM
camzmom, I'm the sameway, ALL my friends that have it LOVE it, but I just don't know, I haven't really tried it out either though.

May 21st, 2013, 08:52 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had the graco duoglide and it was FANTASTIC.
May 21st, 2013, 10:10 AM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
We have a contours by kolcraft double stroller and it was great for outdoor trips but it is really long! It is nice that the seats can be switched around too! It was too big for shopping trips though.

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
May 21st, 2013, 10:54 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
I have a Graco DuoGlider that I'm selling. I hate it but it was cheaper at the time. If I could find one used in my area I'd buy a Phil And Teds I think. I ended up just buying a single stroller this time, a Zooper Waltz, because my husband refuses the $400 strollers lol. There are sales on albeebaby.com

May 21st, 2013, 06:37 PM
Veteran
When my second was born, I really wanted to like the Phil and Ted, but after we tried it I was glad we didn't buy one. Like you, I have several friends that really like them, but my husband and I are both tall (5'10" and 6'3") and I found that my knees would hit the back seat as I walked. Very annoying! Also, when you have it set up so that the baby is laying like in a bassinet (they are in the main seat fully reclined) and the second seat goes over top of the main seat, since you aren't supposed to have the heavier kid in the back seat, if that makes sense), my older son's head was all smashed up into the shade and he was only 20 months at the time. We ended up just getting a double Bob and only using that. I never take my kids shopping in a mall or anywhere really besides places that have shopping carts, so we never use our stroller in that sort of setting.

I have thought about getting a Joovy caboose ultralight. I know a lot of people who have those. They are a sit and stand. But, I don't have one and couldn't really comment on how well they move.
May 25th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Ok we shopped a lot for doubles yesterday and this was our favorite:
Contours Optima Tandem Stroller - Berkeley - Contours - Babies "R" Us

It rolled great, was easy to push with kids in and around aisles, collapsed smoothly and was pretty small when collapsed.

We also liked this one:

Graco Ready2Grow LX Stand & Ride Stroller - Odyssey - Graco - Babies "R" Us

but my favorite was the first one listed.

I still want to try my friend's Phil & Ted, but I don't think it will change my mind because I LOVE the big basket that the strollers we tried had.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search