Dietary changes and pregnancy pains

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By alittlelost

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2013, 09:58 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good news update is my weight gain has slowed down a lot since I started eating a vegetarian diet. AND I'm eating MORE than before. So might be a happy coincidence, I don't know, but in terms of food, I feel GREAT, more energy, etc.

I do have a complaint, though. I had been in such bad pain in my hips and back lately that there are honestly times where I think I will be in a wheelchair by the end of the pregnancy if it gets worse. I literally need physical assistance to sit down, stand up, take my first few steps after sitting down for more than 10 minutes, to get in and out of the car, etc.

At night, when I need to roll over, I need to physically use my hands to push my hips, and even then it's a HUGE struggle. My feet and my hands hurt all the time (and sometimes my hands can't get a proper grip) and if I stand too long my shins hurt as though they are bruised. The swelling isn't TOO bad, but it is enough to be considered mild pitting edema. So, the pain is nearly constant and ever changing, though the back and hip pain that is crippling is my only real concern. Going to talk to my midwife about it on Thursday.
May 22nd, 2013, 12:20 PM
Super Mommy
That's AMAZING news about your new diet going so well and that you're actually eating more than you did before but your weight gain is steady now Congrats!

I am so sorry to hear though about how much pain you are in! >_< Omg that really sounds so awful I really hope you get some relief soon! I know my leg gets really bad sometimes and I hear you about feeling like you're going to be in a wheelchair at the end but we're only a few months left and it will all be SOOO worth it!

Hopefully you'll get some tips and things to try from your midwife on tomorrow. Does swimming help at all? I know it helps me with my leg and my hips even if it's temporary. My left hip hurts now at night when my leg slips off my body pillow but no where NEAR the pain you're describing.

Keep us updated and hope you feel better! <3

May 22nd, 2013, 03:42 PM
Some days are better than others. I was able to do a mile walk today. We are trying to walk every day as a family. Usually we do 2 miles. Walking helps, though afterward the pain is sometimes worse. We'll see what my midwife says when I talk to her tomorrow. It is worth it though
MommyPenguin4 likes this.
May 22nd, 2013, 03:55 PM
Super Mommy
Wow a mile?!!! That's AWESOME! Wish I could walk more than 15 minutes without having to take a break to rest my leg lol My favorite things to do to help are swimming and taking a quick, warm bubble bath. Sometimes I use a heating pad on it but it doesn't really do much more than feel nice lol

I can't wait to try this Pregnancy Yoga DVD my friend just sent me in the mail to see if it helps any! I know some woman have suggested stretching but I get worried because what if I make it worse?! I'll just have to pay close attention to what my body is telling me.

Good luck tomorrow!

May 22nd, 2013, 05:32 PM
What stinks is that walking feels better for me than sitting or standing or laying down . . . but after walking I sometimes feel WAY worse. Yoga helps, though. I want to double check and see if Epsom salt baths would be okay. Let me know how the yoga videos work out for you.
MommyPenguin4 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search