Holy leg cramp!!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ElliotsMommy13

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2013, 08:49 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last night I was woken up with the worst leg cramp that I have ever experienced! It wouldn't go away and I couldn't even get my leg stretched out to get it to subside. DH had to help me. Even this morning my calf hurts and feels so sore (like I ran a marathon!) I am hobbling!

I am taking calcium, eating bananas and nothing is helping. HELP!
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
May 21st, 2013, 09:02 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
You aren't alone! I woke up the other morning with a HORRIBLE leg cramp. All the rest of the day I could barely walk.

May 21st, 2013, 09:10 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ouch! I know those are common in pregnancy but that is horrible. Ive been terrified of those. I feel myself stretching in my sleep and my leg going to tighten like it is going to do that and Ive been able to freeze it right there and not get the full blown painful ones.. I think the moment Im more scared of those than labor since labor isnt happening right now.

Im hoping you ladies (and everyone else) dont have any or many more of those.
yvee80 likes this.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
May 21st, 2013, 09:12 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had one just like that about a month or so ago, my calf hurt for a few days after!!! NOT FUN!!!!!

May 21st, 2013, 09:14 AM
Kayla_7602's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had one that bad, but I have been waking up with them almost every night for a week, and its not fun at all!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the awsome siggy!

May 21st, 2013, 09:40 AM
Mommy of 3
I haven't had any so far this pregnancy but had them a lot the other 2 times. They suck!!!! Hopefully you don't get any more

May 21st, 2013, 10:10 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to go on prescription potassium with my first pregnancy because my potassium was super low which is why I was getting leg cramps. It helped.

May 21st, 2013, 04:38 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My right leg was hurting me yesterday and the past two nights I hop out of bed when I feel like I might get a cramp and I stretch a little and get some water. These are the things I did yesterday:

Stretched
Heating Pad
Ate a banana
Drank a cup of milk
Had some cheese
Drank tons of water.

I still woke up several times in the night. So, that makes it about 7-9 times I get up at night because everytime I roll over I have to get up to pee, add in the leg cramps and I'm up constantly!! lol

Did a search online today about magnesium. Apparently, this helps as well. With my dd#3, I took two tums everyday and didn't have any problems. I am trying to not take so many tums and do it naturally, but I may have to try tums too if it doesn't get better.

ETA: I do all these things because I absolutely DONT want to have a Charlie horse like you had... ! I've had them before and avoid them best I can...even before I got pregnant I have consciously made a point not to point my toe but point my heel first thing when I get up in the a.m.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search