Glucose test scheduling rant - GRRRR

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Babsbabies

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2013, 11:49 AM
Super Mommy
I just had the most annoying experience! I went in for my GD test, which was scheduled for this morning. I fasted and what not, got to the place, blah blah blah. They told me I was in fact scheduled for the 28th, not the 21st! I know that's not right, because I distinctly remember the scheduler giving me the option of the two dates, and I said, "Oh, we have to do it on the 21st because I will be 28 weeks on the 21st." My guess is that the lady just got confused, since I said both numbers, and put me down for the 28th on accident.

But it's super irritating because I have patients of my own that I have to schedule. I cleared my schedule for today for four hours, because the test takes two hours and I work an hour away, and I needed to have some leeway. So I moved four hours' worth of patients to a different day. Now I have to do the same thing -- on short notice! -- for next week. Not my fault, but my patients are paying the price. Also, I just wasted four hours today when I could have been at work, but was taken off the schedule. So that's money down the drain. So irritated! And, I will technically be 29 weeks when I do my test, which the midwife said was ok but is not exactly ideal.

Angry pregnant lady over here!!!
May 21st, 2013, 11:52 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sooo irritating! That stinks! That is exactly why (from an experience years ago) I always get appointment slips in writing.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
May 21st, 2013, 06:25 PM
Veteran
So sorry! I'm really surprised they wouldn't let you just go ahead and do the test while you were there already. It takes what seems like so little work on their part to hand you a bottle and draw some blood.
mamalamb likes this.
May 21st, 2013, 07:03 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
That does suck. I don't understand why it's something that would need to be scheduled either. At my hospital (which, granted, is different than regular ones because it's a military facility), you just go to the lab whenever you want and they'll do whatever tests have been ordered for you. It just takes a couple of minutes to get some blood!

I'll be doing my screening at 30 weeks, though, if that makes you feel any better. Going to be out of the country over 28 weeks, and then they scheduled my next appointment (when she'll order the lab work) at the end of 29 weeks. It's in the afternoon and it may be too late to be there for an hour, so I'll probably have to come back the next Monday. Oh well!
May 21st, 2013, 07:47 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! It was just a crappy, crappy way to start the day. And I agree, Melissa, on getting things in writing, but I made the appointment over the phone! I should have called to confirm, since they never called me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search