Qotd - 5/22

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By mom2K&G
  • 1 Post By Kelllilee
  • 1 Post By Momma2Chase
  • 1 Post By ElliotsMommy13
  • 1 Post By JessKeller24
  • 1 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 1 Post By mamalamb
  • 1 Post By Momma2Chase
  • 1 Post By mamalamb

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 07:10 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have a birth plan ready? If not, are you making one? If yes, what are the main points on it?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
May 22nd, 2013, 07:16 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
Even though I'm having a c section, I did make a birth plan. I would like for them to lower the blue sheet so I can see him actually being born I also want him to to be able to stay with me if he has no health problems until we leave the operating room. I hate being separated for that time
MommyPenguin4 likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 08:05 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I don't make birth plans. Since my midwife will be the only one there we have a lot of open dialogue about it before and during labor/birth so there's no real need. In the event I transfer to the hospital I figure all bets are off for the birth and I know many of the staff there and feel confident about expressing my wishes for after care.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 22nd, 2013, 08:30 AM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
Lol my birth plan is: have baby. Hahahah! The only things I'm requesting is no epidural and I want to be able to walk the halls. Oh, no induction but not sure that counts as part of the birth plan.

My Obs office has a whole list of things that address birth plans so that you don't even have to specify. Like they don't do episiotomies, they don't use forceps or vacuum unless TOTALLY necessary, you can have any music or whatever playing, c-sections are only offered if they feel like its detrimental to the health of baby and/or mom. There's more stuff too but I can't remember lol

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

May 22nd, 2013, 08:50 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where I am delivering has their own fill in the blank birth plan that pretty much covers everything so I know it is more likely to be followed. I have a childbirth prep class this weekend all day both days and I plan to take notes at their policies and procedures and edit it to how I want things done... I will get one done next week as well as the hospital bag packed.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
May 22nd, 2013, 09:08 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I'll be having a csection, but I'm planning for a 'gentle csection'. Just hope the doc agrees to most/all of my wants. (Delayed cord clamping even if only for 2 mins, skin to skin right away, baby go to recovery room with me)
mom2K&G likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 09:11 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No I realized after making one for DD1 and then it ending up to be like, a joke that I am better off just going in and going with the flow LOL

My hospital is pretty good at addressing stuff you want or don't want while you are there, too.

May 22nd, 2013, 09:20 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will go over with my OB on the things that I hope for, however I already know her views on things and she's very PRO natural (used to train with midwives) so I know she has my back. I just need to make sure the nurses know my hopes for delivery.

Last edited by BeachMum; May 22nd, 2013 at 09:40 AM.
May 22nd, 2013, 09:22 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No birth plan, just a c-section.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

May 22nd, 2013, 09:23 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I am not making one. If I even get to the hospital, it would be at 10cm, so there will be no time for them to do, or not do, anything. Then the MW already knows I am declining Hep B, Vit K, eye ointment, and the 24 hr PKU test. I also don't let the nurses give the first bath. I have requested to leave at 12 hours also. Thats where the "IF" I make it to the hospital comes in. I have my birth kit ready and am confident in my self to birth the baby and be fine.
#12 is on the way
May 22nd, 2013, 10:10 AM
Whether you are doing a birth plan or not, it's a good idea to make sure/ask if your hospital does pulse ox testing for all babies before they leave the hospital, and request it if they don't!
Momma2Chase likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 01:29 PM
Super Mommy
I'm with Momma2Chase!

My only plan is to have a healthy baby!!

Same with Melissa though my hospital did give me a few sheets to fill out that was like a mini birth plan so I did that which is enough

I am very open minded to everything so I told my doctor that I just want to have a healthy baby so whatever goes!

We already talked about how I want access to the bath tubs and birthing ball to help me during my contractions and I expressed my concern about tearing and not wanting to be cut unless it's necessary. Thankfully my hospital does everything to prevent the need to cut you including massaging the area and not rushing to get things over with so I'm happy! Oh! And how I want to be able to walk and change positions and my doctor said we can make all that happen! Woo!

May 22nd, 2013, 03:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My birth plan includes (hopefully) my husband to be in the room the entire time and if baby must leave me, he only leaves with my husband alongside him. No pacifiers for our LO, at all, for any reason. If he's crying, he needs to be brought to me immediately. Pulse OX testing as soon as they can do it to check his breathing, I want his first bath to be done in the room I'm in. I would like my water to be broke as soon as possible and an epi as soon as the pain gets to where I cant stand it. I want him on my chest immediately for skin to skin.

(I think thats all I can think of so far!)

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

May 22nd, 2013, 03:38 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
I haven't written it yet, but I want as little intervention as possible. I could end up with any of six or seven OBs, depending who is on call when the time comes, so I can't count on having it all squared away with them beforehand. I am making my wishes very clear to my husband, though, and telling him he has to be a strong advocate for me since I know certain docs can be pushing about some things I don't want.
May 22nd, 2013, 05:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've never written it, I've only verbalized my birth plans to the staff and of course DH knows everything. I'm pretty laid back about everything during the birth, but it NEEDS to be known the second I'm admitted that there's to be no Hep B, that I want skin to skin immediately (as long as she's healthy) and I want to go home in 12 hours, 24 at the latest (as long as we're both doing well of course).

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
May 22nd, 2013, 06:47 PM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalamb View Post
Whether you are doing a birth plan or not, it's a good idea to make sure/ask if your hospital does pulse ox testing for all babies before they leave the hospital, and request it if they don't!
YES! After I saw that post on FB the other day I started to research it myself- and yesterday at my Ob visit I specifically asked if my hospital will do that as routine. I was told no they don't, but the Ob encouraged me to tell the nurse I wanted it done because she said it literally takes seconds and will cost me nothing. She said peace of mind is worth those few extra seconds!
mamalamb likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

May 22nd, 2013, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
YES! After I saw that post on FB the other day I started to research it myself- and yesterday at my Ob visit I specifically asked if my hospital will do that as routine. I was told no they don't, but the Ob encouraged me to tell the nurse I wanted it done because she said it literally takes seconds and will cost me nothing. She said peace of mind is worth those few extra seconds!
Yeah, I started researching it a few months ago, some of the stories are really horrible Especially sonce the test takes seconds, is cheap, and noninvasive! I had NO idea that up to half of defects could be missed on ultrasound, either.
Momma2Chase likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search