Cost of the birth!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 08:14 PM
Veteran
I think I will end up paying about $2,000 out of pocket for my OB care and then my hospital charges will be 100% covered if I deliver at the hospital that I work at. Unfortunately we don't have a NICU at our facility (the nearest one is about 20 minutes away) so I will only deliver there if I make it to term and everything looks good with the baby. If there is any inkling that something is wrong or if I go into labor before 37 weeks then I will deliver at the facility that has the NICU. That will be more expensive... probably an additional $3,500 out of pocket (that's with insurance!).
May 22nd, 2013, 10:05 PM
Super Mommy
Our insurance's maternity deductible is $7,500 per baby, so our portion is $15,000. Thankfully, we qualify for a state pay-down program. We will pay $2,500 (almost fully paid! Yay!), and then this program pays the difference between the two deductibles.
May 23rd, 2013, 05:55 AM
Veteran
If she comes prior to August 1, we have a HSA so we'll pay our $5000 deductible, less whatever we've spent already on healthcare costs this year. If she arrives after August 1, we'll be on hubby's new insurance from his new work - we'll be out of network, but the out of pocket max is less than our HSA.
May 23rd, 2013, 06:24 AM
Veteran
This is my first so I'm not for sure, but according to my insurance document through work it looks like my portion will be around $2,540.....but $2,540 that is well worth it to have my baby in my arms!
May 23rd, 2013, 08:47 AM
Veteran
I think $4,000, plus $800 if I get a doula. The $4000 is my deductible through my work insurance (Blue Cross and Blue Shield). Pain in the butt. Last time I had state insurance and it was all free. But my boyfriend has a good job and works very hard ... kinda stinks that sometime I wish he didn't make so much. The whole system is crap.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search