BH Contractions

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By BabyT_heart_beat
  • 1 Post By ElliotsMommy13
  • 1 Post By kjm
  • 1 Post By mom2K&G

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2013, 11:33 AM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
I Know there Was A RecenT TopiC On This and I Commented That I Wasnt Sure I Had Any Because I Didn'tKnow What They Are SuPposed To Feel Like Well......I KNOW NOW!!!!! They Are So UncomfortableI Hav Been Having A Lot The Last Few Nights That Are Causing My Back To JusT Ache. They Mostly Come At Work When I Feel Overwhelmed And Stressed. i Try Not To Stress But We Had A Terrible Day Yesterday And My Stomach Stayed In Knots And My Back Was Literally On Fire.

OF Course I Freaked Out. Called The Dr. ShE Said To Take It Easy(Called Off Work) AndTo Go In If They Got More Frequent Or More Painful. They Settled Once I Got Home And Layed Down For Awhile But That Scared Me. With My Job Sometimes I Can't Just Walk Away And Kick back Especially With A night Like Last Night. AnyonE Else Had Them Like That? I Am Terrified And Keep Analyzing Every Little Twinge. Hoping They Don't Lead To Something Else.

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

Last edited by BabyT_heart_beat; May 24th, 2013 at 11:37 AM.
May 24th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've definitely been having contractions the last couple of days. I'm not sure if they've been real or just Braxton hicks. They've been painful and I actually had to tell myself hey...go lay down. So I lay down, drink a bottle of water, and they go away.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
May 24th, 2013, 11:44 AM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
I've been getting them a lot lately too. I've noticed if I drink water, and rest for a few minutes, they tend to go away.

May 24th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Super Mommy
I think I've been starting to have them too but only in my back. They're not as painful as you described but more of a tight, aching feeling. Last night they would come on when I tried to lay on my back so I would sit up and BF would rub my back until it went away and so I drank some water and laid on my left side like I have read to do and it went away no problem.

It definitely sounds like you need to take it easy and relax more but I know that can be impossible with jobs so if it were me I would talk to my manager about it so if you do need to take a 5 minute break, they understand what's going on. Your health and baby's health is more important! Have you tried relaxation techniques while working? Like simple things that take only a few moments like deep breathing or closing your eyes and visualizing? It can take literally 10 seconds and might help in bringing your stress down a bit

May 24th, 2013, 11:58 AM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPenguin4 View Post
I think I've been starting to have them too but only in my back. They're not as painful as you described but more of a tight, aching feeling. Last night they would come on when I tried to lay on my back so I would sit up and BF would rub my back until it went away and so I drank some water and laid on my left side like I have read to do and it went away no problem.

It definitely sounds like you need to take it easy and relax more but I know that can be impossible with jobs so if it were me I would talk to my manager about it so if you do need to take a 5 minute break, they understand what's going on. Your health and baby's health is more important! Have you tried relaxation techniques while working? Like simple things that take only a few moments like deep breathing or closing your eyes and visualizing? It can take literally 10 seconds and might help in bringing your stress down a bit
I Have Tried That And The Only Way I Can Get That 10 Second Is Going To The Bathroom And Then I Still Hear Them Calling My Name Over The Intercom. . I Try Hiding In The ClosetS Too. I Will Definitely Make It A Point To Step Away And Make Them Figure Out There Own Problems. Is That Mean??
MommyPenguin4 likes this.

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

May 24th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyT_heart_beat View Post
I Have Tried That And The Only Way I Can Get That 10 Second Is Going To The Bathroom And Then I Still Hear Them Calling My Name Over The Intercom. . I Try Hiding In The ClosetS Too. I Will Definitely Make It A Point To Step Away And Make Them Figure Out There Own Problems. Is That Mean??
Oh geez! Can't even go potty in peace... And HECK NO THAT'S NOT MEAN!!! If anything it's beneficial because then they learn how to solve their own problems and become better employees PLUS you get that extra 2 minutes to take a deep breathe lol

May 24th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Jhendrickson's Avatar Veteran
My doctor recommeds staying very well hydrated and sleep on left side--that's the best thing you can do!
May 24th, 2013, 12:16 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ouch.. Mine havent been that bad, but Ive definitely felt them when Im not drinking a lot of water.. and I am not getting enough water on those days I get bad heartburn and water just makes it worse. I hope you can take it easy a bit more. Is there any way you could get reduced hours at work at least until the end of the pregnancy?

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
May 24th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been having a lot of painful braxton hicks as well, sometimes thats' just your body's normal. Everyone has their own normal and it's different for each pregnancy too. Try to take it easy, don't stress, and drink a lot of water.

May 24th, 2013, 02:38 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had some bouts of them this week that were pretty painful and made me a little nervous, too. Not to the point were I thought I needed to go in and get checked, but almost. I'm looking forward to my appt Tuesday to make sure they aren't doing anything, cervix wise. I hope you feel better!!

May 24th, 2013, 03:21 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I am having them as well lately. I do what these other ladies do as well. Drink lots of water and lay on my left side. Sometimes I have to tell myself "Stop what you're doing and go lay down"
They aren't too painful, but very uncomfortable!!

May 25th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Veteran
I've had pretty painful BH contractions for the last 2 weeks or so... they got so bad that my doctor ended up reducing the hours I can work from 12 hour shifts to 8 hour shifts. Unfortunately my work couldn't accomodate 8 hour shifts so I've had to start taking my maternity leave already (which is a bummer cause I won't have as much time home with the baby). I saw your profile that you're a nurse? I'm a nurse as well and know too well what those crazy shifts that you were talking about can be like. It's especially hard when you can't get 5 minutes to sit down and put your feet up I hope it gets better for you and like the other ladies on here suggested... put your feet up when you can, rest and drink that water Take care!
May 25th, 2013, 08:06 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I get them quite a bit especially when I've overdone it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search