Swelling :( *pictures added to OP*

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Those machines aren't very reliable. If there is a fire station near you just stop in and they will check it for you. I had to do that in my first pregnancy.

I had swelling late in the first preg, but no pitting like that. Prob worth getting checked out or at least making your midwife aware. I assume someone is on call.

May 25th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Jen71's Avatar Super Mommy
Ask the pharmacist (call before you go) if they have a portable machine behind the counter, or if they will check your BP if they're not too busy. That's how they do it at the one closest to me.
Better safe than sorry especially if you have a history of Pre-e.
good luck!!

May 25th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
Mine are swollen very bad, but it is typical for me after giving birth, not before. That looks really bad and the indents seem to be staying longer than it should?? Can you call the midwife?

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
May 25th, 2013, 06:37 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know this is going to sound stupid, but I'm always afraid of calling about things and sounding like I'm some paranoid freak who thinks everything is an emergency... especially since generally I DON'T think things are a big deal. It's almost my bedtime here, so I just want to relax, and then tomorrow I'm going to try Walmart and if they don't have a BP machine I'll call my midwife even though I don't want to :/ Thanks for the feedback, ladies. I really thought it would be some normal thing and more ppl would have it.
May 25th, 2013, 07:05 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
NEVER feel bad or silly for calling, that's what they are getting paid good money to do! Besides, I'm sure every dr/nurse/midwife in the world is used to getting a lot of calls about swelling during the summer months lol! I actually think if I had a lot of swelling and DIDN'T call, my dr would be mad! haha

I hope you are able to get it checked soon and everything is fine

May 25th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you can't find a dang bp machine- how annoying!!! Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
May 26th, 2013, 07:40 AM
I slept with my feet elevated as long as I could last night, but around 5 in the morning the pain just became too much in my back, so I rolled to my side. I think it helped a little though because it didn't hurt AS bad to stand in the morning. I still have swelling today but it's not as bad in my ankles, about the same in my feet, though. Hopefully I can find a BP machine today, otherwise I'll call the midwife.
May 26th, 2013, 08:32 AM
118/78, so perfectly normal BP.
May 26th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Pbear31's Avatar Super Mommy
Hooray for normal bp! Keep drinking water
May 26th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks ladies

I didn't realize, but my hands are swelling too. I decided to take my wedding ring off, and it's a good thing I did because it was literary swollen on. My finger turned purple trying to get it off. I was scared I wouldn't be able to get it off and I knew I couldn't leave it on in case I swelled any further I'm just glad I was able to get it off, but it hurt a ton getting it off. I've never had to take my ring off while pregnant before, but I know that's not horribly uncommon.
May 26th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad your bp is normal, but I definitely think you should call your midwife just to be safe. Maybe you can send her the pics you took?

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
May 26th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Veteran
I've had SO much swelling recently (over the last 4 weeks has been really bad). I know that I'm retaining a ton of water... at my 24 week appointment I had a 9 lb weight gain as well!! I almost freaked out at the doctor's office. I saw my doctor about a week and a half ago (at 26 weeks) after my fender bender and had a trace amount of protein in my urine and my BP was elevated from my previous readings (138/80). Normally I run less than 120/80... she said she thought I was fine because it was only a trace amount of protein but would keep a close eye on it at my 28 week appt. She continued to encourage alot of water, elevating my feet as much as possible and getting a pair of pantyhose type compression stockings.

I can totally sympathize with you though... if I stand or sit too long with my legs in a dependent position the amount of swelling I get is ridiculous. And it does hurt! I hope it gets better for you and I encourage you to mention it to your midwife just to make sure she doesn't think you should be concerned. HUGS!
May 27th, 2013, 06:59 AM
mariri's Avatar Veteran
my mom had such swelling with my last born sister but it was normal coz she was not suffering from anything, consult with your doctor dear
May 27th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Thanks. I have an appointment at 1 tomorrow, so I'm definitely going to bring it up then. I'm sure all is fine. I'm going to try to limit my sodium in the meantime...
Husher likes this.
May 27th, 2013, 07:50 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ouch! Definitely keep us updated on the appointment! I hope the swelling goes down on its own some tough to give you some relief.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
May 27th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Pbear31's Avatar Super Mommy
Lost, you are making me worried w the hand swelling info. Lots of women just swell, but those are also some common early signs of the monster. Please be sure to get protein checked at your appt tomorrow. For me, i had swelling first, then slightly elevated bp, then really high bp, then finally lots of protein in urine. Its different for every woman.

I have been keeping you in my thoughts, keep us updated.
May 27th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Veteran
Glad you had a normal BP!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search