Crying

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Honestlymonique
  • 3 Post By Dandelion
  • 1 Post By BeachMum
  • 1 Post By Irishgirl99
  • 1 Post By mamalamb
  • 1 Post By soccermamatomany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
Did u cry after labor when they handed u the baby, I feel all weird cause on tv you always see the women crying from joy. I don't cry especially not around people. I remember with my first I was like awwww I love this cutie pie, n thank you she doesn't have her daddy eyebrows. Then I remember wanting food. I wasn't overly emotional. I did feel this "wow this is my baby I'm a mommy" joy. So my question is did you cry? How did u feel?
Bookreader likes this.

Last edited by Honestlymonique; May 25th, 2013 at 10:27 PM.
May 25th, 2013, 10:22 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never been one to cry easily. I don't usually cry when my babies are born, even though I am filled with joy It think some of the remnant of being in pain kind of hinders the moment :-)

May 26th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With each baby, I cry a little more. With dd, I was so in awe that I actually gave birth to a tiny beautiful baby that I didn't cry. With ds, I was more emotional and teared up. This time, I'm pretty sure I'll be bawling my eyes out lol I just think about seeing her after she's born and I start to cry.
mamalamb, Ray88 and mom2K&G like this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
May 26th, 2013, 05:30 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
Yes I cried with DS. I was just so happy to finally meet him and most importantly I was crying because he came out healthy and perfect. I am more of a sensitive person to be honest lol. I am sure I will cry for Dominic's birth as well.

May 26th, 2013, 06:45 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, with ALL of them.
mom2K&G likes this.

May 26th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Veteran
Nope--and I felt kind of bad about it, similar to what you are saying. Of course I only got to see my son for a couple seconds then he went to NICU. I was pretty much in shock and scared. Then the next time I saw him (8 hours later) I had just had a shot of morphine and all I could think of was that I might drop him! Life doesn't go like TV shows and I am very glad you mentioned this! Everyone is different.
May 26th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Mommy of 3
I didn't.
With ds I was just thankful it was over and kind of zoned out a bit.

With dd I was really hoping for a girl but was convinced it was a boy. I thought I'd definitely cry if it turned out to be a girl but I was just so excited when they said baby girl I was on cloud 9. Dh still laughs at the way I said YES!!!!! After they announced it lol
Honestlymonique likes this.

May 26th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
I didn't but I was just sort of in shock & awe. I do however cry when I watch other people give birth, lol.

May 26th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Regular
No. I'm not a crier at all. I've only been to one funeral for someone I was really close to, my grandma, and didn't cry. Although that was more because there was other people around. I prefer to cry in private.

But I have never been a crier when I'm happy. I get a lot of people do that, but it just doesn't make sense to me.
To be honest , I see crying as a sign of weakness, and that's been so ingrained in me that I just don't cry. I can never get how people cry at everything.

I expressed the joy of my other 2 children, with smiles and feeling just an amazing sense of relief (that labor was done and they were here!) and love...IMO, not a reason to cry.

I would probably feel bad if I did cry! lol, I've find it odd that I would cry when I am so happy. I get this is a socially acceptable reaction to happiness, but again for me, personally, its odd.
May 26th, 2013, 09:00 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a crier either. I cry in private when I do. Plus my csections I was so drugged up. I did have a tear or two with my third.

May 26th, 2013, 09:01 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I honestly don't remember if I cried or not...
May 26th, 2013, 09:25 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DD#1 was sort of an emergent situation, we didn't know how she was going to do and the NICU team, took her right away for evaluation, I was so focused on how she was doing and if she was ok so I didn't cry.

DD2 was more of your typical birth scene and I did cry, a lot! Was so happy to see her and so relieved the delivery was over lol

I know I will be bawling when I finally lay eyes on our son!
mom2K&G likes this.

May 26th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
no. I feel plenty of emotion, but I don't cry. I have always been super overly-emotional and prone to crying easily but got tease and ridiculed a lot for it, so I learned to keep it inside. So now I don't cry very easily and instead feel a ton of emotion internally.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 26th, 2013, 11:52 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always cry. I'm sure I'll be crying again this time.
mom2K&G likes this.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
May 26th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Veteran
Nope, I was more like Irishgirl99. relieved it was over. I had a C section and all I wanted to do was to hear the gender and then I wanted to zone out and go to sleep. so not like in the movies.
May 28th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Veteran
I don't have any previous birth experiences, but I didn't tear up one bit during my wedding. For months before-hand I'd hear a love song in the car or just think about my DH and become overwhelmed with emotion and cry. On my wedding day, absolutely nothing. I imagine the birth of DD will be the same.
May 28th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cried before I started to push when my MIL and mom came in the room and then I cried when they handed Haeden to me. But, then again, I cry over commercials and Disney movies. The happy parts. All the time.

May 28th, 2013, 03:25 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
I didn't cry with my DD but i was so in love and happy to meet my little person...I am more of a private crier as well.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search