Did I offend someone?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2013, 11:05 AM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
Ok with the full awareness that this may be driven by pregnancy and way too many progesterone thoughts... i still feel i need to ask. So i dont post alot but i do read and check the board so mant times i am embarassed to say but with that said.... i made a post about a week or so ago because of needing to vent and having an open forum and at least one of the topics i was hoping someone could relate to... it was viewed 30+ times and not by me but no one responded liked nothing... with the fear maybe i offended someone or was just the nuisance of the board after a few days i edited to just say nevermind since i couldnt delete it. Since then though i have visited the board i have not really posted.
I do want to apologize if i have been a nuisance to u all or offended yall in anyway.
I have sent and received my shower gift and will be leaving the board until the reveal and then for good. I wish you all the best on your pregnancies and new additions.

May 27th, 2013, 11:15 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I don't get here too often, ten kids, plus getting ready for a boatload of events lately which included bdays, my son's prom, his graduation and party, doing yard work, and all the other daily life happenings just don't allow it.

I don't even recall seeing a particular post that you mentioned. I often just hit the top few posts and have to go.

You haven't offended me in any way. More than likely it is just hormones from pregnancy. I feel like the thread killer here. Usually when I get a chance to post its towards the end of the thread and I'm the last response. LOL. Also I am pretty darn emotional at times and it seems like everyone and everything is aggravating me.

I think you should stick it around.
mamalamb and KeLLiC09 like this.
#12 is on the way
May 27th, 2013, 11:17 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't been on as much and when I am, I'm usually skimming the first page and not going back to the 2nd page so I definitely don't remember seeing your post. I'm sorry you feel not wanted but I haven't been offended. I don't think you should leave, but you have to do what's right for you.

May 27th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Pbear31's Avatar Super Mommy
You didnt offend me! I do a lot of reading as well. There have also been times that i have posted (not just on this board, but other JM boards, too) and gotten views, but no comments. I just figure that nobody had anything to add...but, sometimrs it bums me out. I don't remember the post you are talking about, but the last few weeks have been crazy for me so i havent caught all posts.

I like your sense of humor and am sad you are thinking of leaving
mom2K&G likes this.
May 27th, 2013, 11:31 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I come on a lot on my phone and it is a huge pain to post from my phone, so when I am on my phone, a lot of times I'm just reading or maybe replying to one or two posts, I have been really busy lately with the girls, it's the end of the school year, etc, etc, so I haven't been posting.replying as much as I have just been reading. When I get to the computer I usually only have time to check through the first few posts or maybe the first page, I'll probably have more time later in the summer.

You definitely didn't offend me, and I don't remember ever seeing your post, but I'm sorry you feel ignored and like you want to leave

May 27th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Sometimes posts just get bumped down really quickly so not many people see it (the view count doesn't necessarily mean it was only viewed by people in this group or even that it was 30 individual people). I don't have a lot of time and don't always check everyone's posts either, but you didn't offend me in any way!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 27th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Veteran
I can't remember your post, so there was certainly no offense here. Like someone else mentioned, I do often check on my phone without responding to any posts since it's harder to type, so I'm sure I add to the view count to some threads without there being any complicated reason as to why I haven't commented myself.
May 27th, 2013, 11:46 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I read a lot of posts, but as a FTM, I don't respond to a lot of things because I either don't have experience or haven't gone through it myself. I don't remember/know what the topic of your post was, but I can't remember being offended or upset by anyone here on this board or by anything posted.

I'm sorry you are so bothered by this. I hope you stay

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

May 27th, 2013, 11:53 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont know which post you are talking about, but I tend to be forgetful lately. You definitely did not offend me. Im sorry you feel that way (booo hormones).. but sometimes I also check from my phone and mean to go back to things when I can actually type responses and things get buried or I dont make it back in time while it is still up towards the top. I usually try to respond to vents just to let people know they are heard.. Everyone needs to vent sometimes and not everyone wants opinions. I say vent away, you're still loved here.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
May 27th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
can't remember your post. I totally get what you saying though and most of the time its lurkers looking but since they don't know u, they don't comment. I remember I posted something recent n only got 2 comments but like 60 something views. I was like what the heck man! then I remember our board has been a lil slow n most of the views are lurkers.

yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
You have never offended me in anyway, I can't recall the post that you are talking about but I don't get on here and post as often as I did in the past since i am working now. Don't go there are posts that i put p that people just look at too we don't want you to leave !

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Which post was it? I'm on here sporadically through the week and don't see all the posts.

Edited to say, I see you deleted the rant post. I wouldn't take it too personally if I were you. Almost everyone in this DDC is kind and supportive. Odds are that it just got bumped down and not many ppl saw it. If you had offended people, I'm sure someone would have told you they were offended. I hate to see anyone leave here but it's up to you if you feel uncomfortable.

Also, weekends are usually slow post wise.
mom2K&G likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!

Last edited by Dandelion; May 27th, 2013 at 12:09 PM.
May 27th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Veteran
Last time I checked the internet, someone will CERTAINLY tell you if they were offended on a thread! (sometimes too much!). I think I remember skimming the vent and kind of mentally going, "yeah," and commiserating in my head and then moving on. So don't be offended, I am just stating to be more active in posting. Mainly I lurked becasue I wanted to get a feel for the boards before I committed to putting myself on the internet for everyone to see.
Dandelion likes this.
May 27th, 2013, 12:35 PM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
Ok ladies again maybe an emotional wreck and my progesterone shots are making it worse. My hubby says i am overreacting and maybe so. Sorry ladies.i forgot about lurkers ... i guess i will try to chill out a bit
Husher, Tinky, yvee80 and 1 others like this.

May 27th, 2013, 12:43 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
Yeah, I'm with everybody else...barely posting and reading some. I've been bored with Internet. I didn't see your post though, that I know. You still get progesterone shots? I had them with the baby before this one but only until the placenta took over. How come you still get them?

May 27th, 2013, 12:43 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
You haven't offended me at all! I didn't see your post either I try to comment as much as possible if I can. I always try to be sympathetic even if I don't know how to help or have any information.

I hope you feel better soon!
yvee80 likes this.

May 27th, 2013, 12:45 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmckenzie1 View Post
Ok ladies again maybe an emotional wreck and my progesterone shots are making it worse. My hubby says i am overreacting and maybe so. Sorry ladies.i forgot about lurkers ... i guess i will try to chill out a bit
Dont be sorry. We are ALLLLL super hormonal, too. We get it. Also, just like some of us occasionally lurk into months before and after us.. that is probably happening here, too. Also, we are getting to be one of the later months so I am sure there are Tons of lurkers just seeing what is coming.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
May 27th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I sure hope you stay!

I am one of those who uses my phone for internet access and its a pain enough trying to open the threads, so trying to post comments from my phone is even a worse pain in the butt. I usually post when I have time to jump on the computer. Plus, I've noticed our board had slowed down a lot from how it used to be.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggy!

May 27th, 2013, 12:46 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't remember your post either... do you have a link? Sometimes, I might read a post but really can't think of anything to say one way or another or I check on my phone and can't reply. Don't leave
KeLLiC09 likes this.

May 27th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Super Mommy
I love your posts, hon! You always have good things to say and you seem so sweet. I'm sorry no one commented on your post. That's always a bummer no matter what the topic.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search