Qotd - 5/31

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2013, 07:26 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you plan to breastfeed? How long do you want to breastfeed for? For BTDT mamas when did your other LO's wean?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
May 31st, 2013, 07:31 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I plan to try again....no pressure. Hoping to make it 6 months but we'll see. DD1 did not because of a variety of issues, DD2 we lasted 7 weeks LOL

May 31st, 2013, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm hoping to make it to a year, I'm just not sure if I will EBF or not. It depends on how pumping goes. With Chase I bf for 3 months and pumped for another 3. For Cole we had supply and latch issues and he was 100% on formula at about 5 months.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
May 31st, 2013, 07:51 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan on breastfeeding. We'll take it a month at a time with long term goal being at least a year.

Dd stopped at 6 months and I think I had low milk supply. I was depressed and not eating like I should have

I only bf ds for about 5 days. It hurt so bad and I didn't have much support from the people around me. So I stopped.

This time, I'm going to try to push through any pain and stay healthy. I want to nurse so bad that I'm willing to try everything possible. I have nipple cream and a shield already bought. I used a shield in beginning with dd and it helped me a ton when my nips felt like they were going to fall off.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
May 31st, 2013, 08:18 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
I can't, I don't produce enough milk. it was very devastating with my first and with my second no milk came at all. I think the same will happen with this one.

May 31st, 2013, 08:23 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I can't due to all my medication I am on. I didn't get to with DS either, so we are a formula family.
yvee80 likes this.

May 31st, 2013, 08:25 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
no, it just doesn't work out for me.
#12 is on the way
May 31st, 2013, 08:39 AM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
Yay for breastfeeding!

I breastfeed my son for 3 years and finally decided to wean him around his 3rd birthday! Physically I was ready, but emotionally it was really hard on me! I loved our breastfeeding relationship and I cried thinking that would be the last time I ever breastfed. Well that was last September and then I got a wonderful surprise that we are having a baby and I get another chance to breastfeed and I couldn't be more exciting!

On the other hand I didn't have any success at all and only breastfeed my daughter for less than a week due to latch problems and just being sad. I was able to pump for her exclusively for about 3 months until my supply dwindled and then I went to formula feeding. She has always been a happy, heathy girl and even though breastfeeding didn't work out at least she got breastmilk the first 3 moths of her life. So my family likes to joke around I couldn't get my daughter to start breastfeeding and couldn't get my son to stop!

I plan on breastfeeding again of course and as long as we want to go I will also pump especially in the beginning because I usually have a big supply and get engorged and uncomfortable. My son never took a bottle so it would be nice if our new little guy took a bottle so my husband could feed him once in a while! I still have my breastfeeding cover from my son so I like to use that in the beginning.

So I guess you can say I have done it all! Breastfed for a long time, pumped exclusively, and formula fed so I have advice on all 3, he he!

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
May 31st, 2013, 08:46 AM
Mommy of 3
Honestly I haven't decided yet. My other two were totally formula fed and they're super healthy. Ds is 5 and has never been onan antibiotic. Ds is almost 4 and she was on antibiotics in April for a cellulitis in her leg and that was her first time on an antibiotic, so if I end up formula feeding again I'm sure baby will be fine.

May 31st, 2013, 08:48 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes. I couldn't nurse my 1st, but nursed the other 3. #2 weaned at 15 months, #3 was 14 months, #4 just weaned around 17-18 months.

May 31st, 2013, 09:19 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Definitely planning on breastfeeding My others breastfed until 13, 15, and 24 months respectively. We'll see how this time goes since I'll be working and going to school and likely starting nursing school (pretty much a full time job) after she turns 1.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 31st, 2013, 09:59 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes. Until 2 yrs. hopefully, we will self wean. I ff my first two but bf my youngest until 22 months (my goal was 2 months to make daddy happy, but I'm glad he pushed me to bf)

May 31st, 2013, 10:11 AM
Super Mommy
I do plan on breastfeeding and for as long as possible My goal is until she's at least 1 but would love to go longer if I can!

May 31st, 2013, 10:15 AM
Super Mommy
Yes. Both my boys self-weaned. The first around 18 months and the second around 16 months. I love breastfeeding (so practical!) but I REALLY hate pumping, so I was pretty relieved when they decided they had had enough.
May 31st, 2013, 10:28 AM
soaringphoenix's Avatar Mother Reborn
I want to and my aim is 6 months
yvee80 likes this.
May 31st, 2013, 06:12 PM
Veteran
Yes! I weaned my first when I was pregnant with #2 at around 13 months. #2 was weaned around 15 or 16 months. I'd like to do about the same amount of time with this baby - somewhere in the 12-18 month range. We shall see! I usually pump quite a bit early on to build up a stash, then mostly stop by 6 months as I really hate pumping and eventually am not able to pump much even though I've always had a good supply. I've never been good about giving baby a bottle and don't end up leaving them very often at all (and then it becomes hard to leave them because they won't take a bottle). I hope we can get in a better routine with occasional bottles this time.
May 31st, 2013, 06:47 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan to see how it goes. Id like to at least for 3 months, Id be ok with 6 months.. but if it really works out I would like to until one year. I already have a pump to make the most of it.
yvee80 likes this.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
May 31st, 2013, 10:07 PM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
I plan to BF and pump when I go back to work. I would love to do it for at least a year but if I make it until she starts eating solids I will be satisfied.

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

May 31st, 2013, 10:22 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I do plan to.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

May 31st, 2013, 10:50 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
I plan to try it this time my goals are short 3 months and then 6 for some reason i find myself stopping there??

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search