Cloth Diaper Mamas!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By alittlelost

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2013, 03:49 PM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay so now that my baby shower is over I need to get to buying things I need. I decided to switch from one size to perfect size so how many do you think I will need as a minimum for each size? I was doing like half/half with sposies before too and I want to switch completely over, for DS and baby so I'm not sure exactly how many of each I should get, but what do you think is good to start with?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
June 8th, 2013, 03:59 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say for the newborn stage you want (per day you want to go without washing)
newborn size: 18 per day
small size: 12-18 per day
medium size: 12 per day
large size: 6-12 per day

hope that helps!
KASHWORTH likes this.
June 8th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Is there a big difference between getting XS vs Small ? How long will they be in newborn/XS size? I was wondering if I could just go right into small because by the size chart it seems like the size babies that I make would be fitting into small as well right away, they seem to overlap a lot. Like 4 -12 lbs vs. 7 - 18 lbs and Pre - 4 mos vs 0 - 8 mos

June 8th, 2013, 04:32 PM
The XS won't fit well but will give a nice fit
KASHWORTH likes this.
June 8th, 2013, 06:17 PM
I'm assuming you mean won't fit long? Haha.

I'm upset that Fuzzibunz doesn't have very many options at all for the perfect size... Looks like Ill be buying more Charlie Banana. They seem to sell mostly XS and One Size. So I guess I'll get some more XS (thanks for starting me off and then some Charlie Banana S/M

June 8th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASHWORTH View Post
I'm assuming you mean won't fit long? Haha.

I'm upset that Fuzzibunz doesn't have very many options at all for the perfect size... Looks like Ill be buying more Charlie Banana. They seem to sell mostly XS and One Size. So I guess I'll get some more XS (thanks for starting me off and then some Charlie Banana S/M
Yes, that is EXACTLY what I meant. Thank goodness someone speaks my language!

Do you need help finding FBs? Let me know what you are looking for. I am the queen of internet shopping and can probably find you what you want
KASHWORTH likes this.
June 8th, 2013, 06:52 PM
It's okay, thank you though. I think we found good ones that we're going to buy. I was just surprised that the Fuzzibunz website was so low stocked

June 14th, 2013, 09:28 AM
amanda_jane15's Avatar Super Mommy
Fuzzibunz os are kinda annoying with the leg elastic. I much prefer BG or even an cheaper china diaper like Alva, Happy Flute or Sunbaby. For sized diapers I like Thirsties covers or aio. I'm ordering some Happy Flute aio for nb sizes and it goes from 8-20lbs and getting some tiny happy flute aios for 4-12lbs

Thank you Sharon for my siggy!
June 14th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Yeah I really didn't like that leg elastic either! That's why I sold my OS FB and Lost got me started on my perfect size I ordered some Charlie banana sized too

June 14th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I went minimal last time and this time I will probably have too much!! haha

I really dislike one-size diapers for the most part. And I almost always skip newborn/xs sizing.

Right now I have

3 fitteds (two small, one one-size)
12 preemie size prefolds (my kids fit them for several months!)
12 small prefolds
3 covers
2 small pocket diapers

and on my sewing table in progress I have:
8 small covers
8 small pocket diapers
14 small AIOs

I felt like my diapers wore out too fast last time because I had a small stash, so I want a larger rotation this time! My kids usually fit smalls right away (at least of my brand haha, others not so much) and move up to mediums around 4-6 months old. So i'll start on mediums around October probably.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

June 14th, 2013, 02:51 PM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
I skipped the xs and just got prefolds for the beginning. If she outgrows or they get ruined with meconium I can always have a cleaning cloth for later.
I have 4 tini fit tots bots pricey but easy for hubby at 3 am lol. 12 prefolds size small and 2 covers.
My shower isnt till the 30th so I will see what i get from there but i plan to wash dailt. I am going to get 6 more prefolds and probably 4 more covers. For a total of 18 prefolds 4 aio and 6 covers to start out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search