Father's Day

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mamalamb
  • 1 Post By soccermamatomany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
So what is everyone doing for father's day?
We usually don't do anything for these holidays. We stay in, that person gets to relax and kids make cards. This year will be a little harder since its our angel DD. I can't help but to think on it and think about how I would have my baby or close to having it. I will not ruin the day for dh though. I hope we go to the movies to see Superman since I'm a big fan of the franchise n the actor playing him (and it will keep me from thinkin). I don't know if we will have a babysitter though. I got him this knife he really wanted so he happy about that (it has something to do with fishing).

June 10th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think my husband wants some new shorts so I'll try to get those this week before Sunday, if I can get to the store with all 6 of my kids! lol!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

June 10th, 2013, 05:25 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I really didn't get crap for mother's day so I'm not doing much LOL
Honestlymonique likes this.

June 10th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
Lol I didn't get anything either. He didn't even help the kids make me a card. Dd1 took it upon herself later that day. I was laid up in pain but that don't excuse him not doing nothing, Big butt munch!

June 10th, 2013, 06:25 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestlymonique View Post
Lol I didn't get anything either. He didn't even help the kids make me a card. Dd1 took it upon herself later that day. I was laid up in pain but that don't excuse him not doing nothing, Big butt munch!
Yeah I didn't get a card or flowers or anything!!! I say we are off the hook because they are lame LOL

June 10th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
I didn't get anything for Mothers Day either, lol! We were moving all day

DH will still be out to sea on Father's Day so I plan on doing something for him when he gets back. I'm going to pick up some cards and his gift this week

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

June 11th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hubby took us out to red lobster for mother's day, so we made a shutterfly father's day photo book and got the grandfathers cards from nick & victoria

June 11th, 2013, 07:13 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He's working on Father's day but is off the two days after it. I'm putting together a photo frame of pictures of when he held each kiddo for the first time, with a space to add baby girl. I also will have the kids make cards and a sign for him for when he comes home and then make him a nice dinner.

June 11th, 2013, 12:03 PM
MissCiara's Avatar It's A Girl!
Even though I'm not a mother yet, my boyfriend didn't say "happy mother's day" or give me a gift...so I won't be doing anything for him either. Lol.
June 11th, 2013, 12:33 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am astounded by how many of you didn't get anything for Mother's Day. I would kill my DH! Even before we were having our baby, he always got me gifts for mother's day (even though we didn't have any kids together) because I am still a mother, and a good step-mother to his kids too. Is this how your DH's are for your anniversaries and birthdays too?

This year he got me a new coffee table (my request) and we went out to dinner to Texas Roadhouse.

For Father's Day we are going to DH's parents house for a BBQ with all the kids and my dad too.

I have no idea what to get him though. I need to get on it, pronto!
KASHWORTH likes this.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
June 11th, 2013, 01:11 PM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel so bad! DH has to share Father's Day with me this year! It's my birthday too. He doesn't want a gift but I still want to get him something and we are going out to dinner with some friends and family in CA since we will be on vacation!

June 11th, 2013, 03:52 PM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last year I had DS hold letters "D" "A" "D" and put in a 3 part frame for him. So this year we did the same. Here are pics:

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search