My appt today (29 weeks)

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2013, 01:54 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started out in a fair mood and it just didn't go well after that. I went up to the counter and signed in. The woman was on the phone, so I waited and kind of glanced at the TV on the wall for about 5 min. Someone else come In and I noticed they went to the other window where the woman was not on the phone and she got taken care of. I went to the other window too and checked in. I'm thinking.. couldn't she have said to me, "I can help you over here" or something like that. Oh well. No big deal. I sit down and the woman calls me back up and says did I want to make a payment that I am on a payment plan. I explained that I only had two payments which I requested (to pay off a balance- before it was due) and I paid it already. I told them that the last appt. I hear her talking on the phone to someone saying they only see one payment. I got called back to the principles office/billing lady and she proceeds to tell me they only received one payment. I explained I already paid it but I don't have my checkbook so I can't provide any info unless she gives me internet access so I can check my bank acct She says, "I can't just write it off"... I say, "I'm not asking you to write it off, I'm just telling you I don't have my checkbook, I can't do anything right now, but I mailed the check in a long time ago"... I guess it's just the way this woman deals with people but she pi**ed me off. Now I wasn't a happy camper.

Dr. came in 30 min after my appt. Whatever. She is really polite and smiles but she never remembers/knows what is going on with me. I ask her if she heard about my phone call yesterday (when I called to let them know I had VERY strong contractions on Monday night) she didn't know. She also didn't remember/know?? that I had GD so I told her my numbers were okay- she didn't ask. She also didn't remember/didn't know that I have EE (Eosinophilic Esophagitis) apparently she has it too.. and I've been having trouble swallowing.

She did ask me about baby's movement and I told her it could be my imaginination, but it doesn't seem like she's moving as much since I had the contractions. (movements are not as strong) she put me on the NST for 15 min. Scared me a little it took forever to find the hb and they brought in another lady. HB was okay, but I didn't feel her kick barely. Dr. said if it doesn't pick up by tomorrow to give them a call..( I don't know if they will do another NST or what).

I talked with the office manager and the billing lady is from an outside office and they have had complaints about her before. I got home and checked and both checks were cashed. I called the office manager back so I didn't have to deal with the billing lady.

I am used to dealing with military hospitals, and I'm trying not to expect much, but doesn't it seem they should check your records before they see you so you don't feel like a number? I feel like if I wasn't constantly being proactive and letting her know what's going on, nothing would get done.

My next appt. is in two weeks instead of 4. It feels like it will be forever until she comes!!!

June 12th, 2013, 03:18 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow!! I am sooo overly annoyed during pregnancy so I would definitely have had a similar reaction to that! Im sorry it soured your mood. At least it is in the final stretch of this pregnancy and once the baby comes you don't have to deal with them anymore. I feel the same way sometimes with my office that they dont take any concerns seriously and dont check for all these issues I keep hearing from other pregnant ladies and I feel like if something was wrong I wouldnt know.. I also just want my little one in my arms.. They will be here before we know it.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
June 12th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamarie247 View Post
Wow!! I am sooo overly annoyed during pregnancy so I would definitely have had a similar reaction to that! Im sorry it soured your mood. At least it is in the final stretch of this pregnancy and once the baby comes you don't have to deal with them anymore. I feel the same way sometimes with my office that they dont take any concerns seriously and dont check for all these issues I keep hearing from other pregnant ladies and I feel like if something was wrong I wouldnt know.. I also just want my little one in my arms.. They will be here before we know it.
When I was talking to the office mgr, we agreed that it was probably just her personality that comes off wrong and I said, "Probably. Although, maybe she shouldn't be working with people face to face she should do most of her job by mail or phone especially if she's working with hormonal pregnant women"!

If I had money due, I don't understand why they didn't give me a phone call or send me a bill or something so I could be prepared when I went it. I just felt like I just jumped and mugged or something- Yeah. I'm hoping I don't have to deal with her anymore.

The dr. I like her personality and I guess I can handle her shortcomings as long as she seems generally concerned for me and my baby.

June 12th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's awful! I wonder why if you still owed money, no one ever contacted you? I can't stand offices like that! and your doctor doesn't sound too great if she can't remotely remember you from appointment to appointment. MY doctor always remembers things I've told him before, always asks about my kids and often asks about my husband by name (and he doesn't have a regular name so he has to be remembering it)

Thankfully we don't have too much longer til our little ones are here

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

June 12th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronzmom View Post
That's awful! I wonder why if you still owed money, no one ever contacted you? I can't stand offices like that! and your doctor doesn't sound too great if she can't remotely remember you from appointment to appointment. MY doctor always remembers things I've told him before, always asks about my kids and often asks about my husband by name (and he doesn't have a regular name so he has to be remembering it)

Thankfully we don't have too much longer til our little ones are here
I know!! I wanted so bad to have a civilian doctor so I could see the same one every month. All my other kids were born in a military hospital and I always felt like a number. It doesn't feel that different now. I do like seeing the same doctor, I just wish she would atleast act like she knows what's happening with me.

June 12th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
So sorry you didn't have a great experience with the office today!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

June 12th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
So sorry you didn't have a great experience with the office today!
Thanks. I'd settle for good.

I am happy that at least my dr. sent me in to get an NST done.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search