Iron Supplements?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you taking them? What mg are you taking? Are you also taking a stool softener?

I have to start taking them and they've always made me really really sick so I'm kinda scared to try again.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

June 12th, 2013, 04:08 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Which one makes you sick? I was taking iron, but when they did my blood at the beginning of pregnancy, they said my iron was fine and stop taking the supplements.

I've been fine with taking stool softeners up until this last bought of diarrhea. Now I'm afraid to take them again. Luckily, I"ve had a bm everyday so I haven't had to. But, if you start taking iron you'll probably need the stool softener.

June 12th, 2013, 04:12 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
Yup! I am on 65mg of iron supplements and they gave me stool softeners in case I need them. I haven't had to take the softeners YET!

I'm not feeling sick or anything.. I actually feel like I have a little bit more energy.

June 12th, 2013, 04:19 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not yet, which surprised me, I've been anemic with the other kids. Severely anemic with the last two. I was very close to needing a transfusion with the last two kids at delivery.

June 12th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm on iron supplements (ill have to check how many mg), but not taking a stool softener. So far I don't need anything thankfully

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

June 12th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm on 325 mg of Ferrous Sulfate, once a day.

All iron pills make me sick but they said I need to *try* to take them before we try any other options.

I'm worried about constipation, haven't had any issues yet but one of the side effects says constipation so I'm a little worried.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

June 12th, 2013, 05:05 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I always have low iron but I take liquid chlorophyll for it. If you aren't into herbal remedies, a liquid supplement may be easier for you, Floradix is a good one.
#12 is on the way
June 12th, 2013, 07:44 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Spinach is a really great source of iron. It can be chopped and added to salad, put into smoothies (my kids don't even care) to pizzas, pasta dishes, etc... and also cooking with a cast iron pan helps too!

June 12th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm taking Ferralet 90 mg tablets. If I eat dairy within 2-3 hours of taking it, I get horrendous cramping and diarrhea. Had that issue last night after eating ice cream and totally forgot until it was too late!

June 13th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Veteran
I have been put on either 30 or 300mg of Iron pillls. I don't have a problem, with them, but I probably should be taking stool softeners. I used benefibre last pregnancy, but it is not being sold anymore. Oh, how I miss it. I've used the other fibre supplement that goes in water in early pregnancy, but it gave me bad gas. I think I need to start taking it again though.
June 13th, 2013, 10:47 AM
MissCiara's Avatar It's A Girl!
I am taking 325 mg of iron. Cranberry juice and probiotics is keeping me moving.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search