So Did I Fail

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
I took the 3 hr glucose test today. It has me so weak n yucky. Anyway they took my blood 4 times. I guess the first don't matter since I had to drink the stuff afterwards n they didn't let me know if it was high or low. Now out of the other three times the first two times the numbers was high but the last was low. Does that mean I failed. I would guess I failed. I don't know the numbers cause each time the number u had to be was different. if it makes any different my numbers for each was 195, 171, 100. I'm worried now.

June 13th, 2013, 03:18 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont know what the numbers mean because I was not told.. but I was told my numbers were elevated but not enough to diagnose on the 3 hour. I felt soo sick to my stomach the whole test and by the end I was literally weak and seeing spots so I had to go sit outside in the fresh air and cool off some.. I thought for sure I would fail. I was told to watch my empty carb intake but I still passed. You could still pass.. The annoying part is waiting for results.. For me, it was "no news is good news" so I found out at my next appointment vs when I failed the one hour I was called right away.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
June 13th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Looks like from your last number that you should pass. 100 is right at the high end of pass with even a fasting blood glucose draw so after 100g of glucose, it should be a pass.

June 13th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Mommy of 3
When I was doing it with my son I was told at least 2 of the numbers had to be under the cut off points to pass. But I don't know what my numbers were or what the cut off points are.

Hope you pass!

June 13th, 2013, 03:32 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was told the cut off for the 1 hour was 130. My number was 151.

I wasn't given my numbers for the 3 hour, only told that I passed on a phone call. If the cut-off for the three hour is similar to the 1 hour, it would look like you failed, since two of your three numbers were above. But, I don't know that for a fact!

Good luck!!!
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
June 13th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Super Mommy
The first blood draw is to check your sugar level fasting. If that is too high, they won't even have you drink the glucose because they label that automatically as GD. If the first is normal, 2/3 of the blood draws after the drink have to be within normal to pass.
I hope you passed!
June 13th, 2013, 05:28 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Your first two are slightly high, the last is passing, by most scales.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
June 13th, 2013, 07:32 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
I took the 3 hour and had one abnormal reading of 195... my doctor said that I had to have two abnormal levels to be diagnosed with GD. Although, still with 1 abnormal reading she told me to take it easy on the carbs.
June 13th, 2013, 11:36 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
I dont know what your fasting was , but 195 an hour after the drink is high, and 171 after 2 hrs is also high. My dr was looking for under a hundred at fasting, under mid 130s after an hour and under 120 at 2 hours ( but that's just my dr, yours could be different)

I opted out of my 3 hour test due to the fact I had GD with my other 2 & I had an hour reading of 192. Usually my OB says anything over 200 after the one hour they automatically treat a GD. But I knew I'd fail the 3 hour so I opted to just go ahead and start treatment.

Don't worry about it till your doctor talks to you about it. Everything will be fine either way. If you did fail most the time it easily controlled by diet & exercise.

Good luck mama.
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search