Weight Gain Check-In!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperleigh View Post
I'm all proud of myself until I see how many of you have gained so little! lol. At my appt last week I was up 23lbs.
You should be proud of yourself That's a very healthy weight gain. I've gained 24 and my doc is very happy with it. Everyone gains weight differently in pregnancy. It's funny too, because I gained more weight with the boys than this one and I just "feel" heavier with this one. It must be her position or something.

I've also noticed that everyone loses weight postpartum differently too. Some women lose a ton in the beginning, some hardly at all. For some women, breast feeding helps move the weight loss along, for others not so much.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!

Last edited by Beachbabies; June 17th, 2013 at 07:31 AM.
June 17th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
15lbs at 31 weeks

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

June 17th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Super Mommy
13 lbs at 30 weeks, but I started slightly overweight.
June 17th, 2013, 10:02 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
22lbs at 29+ weeks. In the past 6 weeks, I have only gained 2lbs... that worries me.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
June 17th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm still at about 10 pounds. I was at my heaviest (for me) when I got pregnant so I think if I had been my normal weight I'd be up about 25-30 lbs.

June 17th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbabies View Post
You should be proud of yourself That's a very healthy weight gain. I've gained 24 and my doc is very happy with it. Everyone gains weight differently in pregnancy. It's funny too, because I gained more weight with the boys than this one and I just "feel" heavier with this one. It must be her position or something.

I've also noticed that everyone loses weight postpartum differently too. Some women lose a ton in the beginning, some hardly at all. For some women, breast feeding helps move the weight loss along, for others not so much.
Well, thanks! I feel heavier this time, too, but I think it is just her positioning. She feels HUGE to me and I feel HUGE, but it's probably just because she's sitting further forward than my first did?

June 17th, 2013, 11:37 AM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
Ok I was wrong I weighed myself this morning and I am at the weight I was pre pregnancy. If I hadn't lost 14 lbs and gained the same amount I gained back I would be at a 14 lbs gain

June 17th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I'm up 14 pounds at 30 weeks.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

June 17th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Super Mommy
22 lbs at 31 weeks. My dr not happy. I can't seem to slow it down. I really really want to keep it under 30. Today I feel bloated and my hands are swollen. Yuck.
June 18th, 2013, 06:46 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
From conception to coming home from the hospital, I gained 42 lbs. I don't know how much of that was water weight, though. I'm down 12 lbs since coming home though (1 1/2 days), and I am still showing signs of massive water retention.
June 18th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermamatomany View Post
22lbs at 29+ weeks. In the past 6 weeks, I have only gained 2lbs... that worries me.
I think that's probably okay! Im DOWN at least 5 lbs in 6 weeks and my doctor isn't concerned that much- she just told me to try to maintain weight at this point, rather than focus on gaining it. I know it'll pick up for me soon as she gains more and more and I'm sure that'll happen with you too!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

June 18th, 2013, 10:34 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
I think that's probably okay! Im DOWN at least 5 lbs in 6 weeks and my doctor isn't concerned that much- she just told me to try to maintain weight at this point, rather than focus on gaining it. I know it'll pick up for me soon as she gains more and more and I'm sure that'll happen with you too!
I mentioned my concern to my doctor and he said that it is fine. He says that the baby will take what she needs, even if I am not gaining. Let's see what happens when I go back in a week. I weighed myself today and haven't gained anything yet.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
June 18th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm still down 6 lbs from pre pregnancy at 30 weeks. (Lost 15 lbs at the beginning.)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search