Odd "cravings"

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dandelion
  • 1 Post By Dandelion

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I say "cravings" because it's not really that I get the urge to eat these things....but I crave the smell of them. Lol anyone else have things they smell now that are extra appealing? I like the smell of steam from hot water, the smell of soaps, certain chemical cleaners like bathroom cleaner, gasoline smell, etc. No, I don't purposefully huff any chemicals LOL but if I happen to use a cleaner to wipe the counter off or mop the floor with... I like it. Odd, right?

I had the exact same thing last time I was pregnant with ds. I would enjoy the time at work at the end of the day when I had to mop the floor and use the lavender floor cleaner.

I'm going to mention this to my doctor to see what he says. I know some women develop pica where they eat paint, dirt, ice etc.

Not sure if this is a version of that ? The smelling version? Lol

I have bn craving ice btw. I'll also mention that to the dr. Tuesday in case my iron is low.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
June 16th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
Yes yes yes!!!!!! I thought I was crazy! The last few weeks I have had the strong urge to smell spray paint or house paint. I also love the smell of the soap in my sisters bathroom and smell it a lot (safer than paint right? Lol)

But the need to want to smell the paints is almost overwhelming. I didn't think it was pica because I don't want to eat it but who knows!! Maybe I should ask my Ob too

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

June 16th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
Yes yes yes!!!!!! I thought I was crazy! The last few weeks I have had the strong urge to smell spray paint or house paint. I also love the smell of the soap in my sisters bathroom and smell it a lot (safer than paint right? Lol)

But the need to want to smell the paints is almost overwhelming. I didn't think it was pica because I don't want to eat it but who knows!! Maybe I should ask my Ob too
Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one!!

Haha it's crazy what we go through. If it was safe, I'd be sniffing every chemical in my house.
Now, every time I take a hot shower I place a hot wash cloth over my face lol I love the feeling of the steam and smell of soap. Much safer than cleaner or car fumes lmao
Momma2Chase likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
June 16th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
with my first pregnancy it was gain washing powder. I would literally go in the laundry room just to smell it. With my second it was lite matches. So far with this one there is none.

June 16th, 2013, 06:04 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope. Can't relate at all. Strong smells still make me nauseaus.

June 16th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one!!

Haha it's crazy what we go through. If it was safe, I'd be sniffing every chemical in my house.
Now, every time I take a hot shower I place a hot wash cloth over my face lol I love the feeling of the steam and smell of soap. Much safer than cleaner or car fumes lmao

Agreed! lol If i could safely sniff paint right now I think I probably would be! haha!
But since I can't, I'll stick to the yummy apple soap!

*Thank you to

June 16th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Oh oh! And I also wanted to mention that I'm already on iron supplements so in my case I don't think it's an iron deficiency

*Thank you to

June 16th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
Oh oh! And I also wanted to mention that I'm already on iron supplements so in my case I don't think it's an iron deficiency
I don't think smells have to do with low iron but everyone tells me craving ice does. It's an odd craving lol I will sit here just thinking about how I should go to Circle K and buy a polar pop just for the massive amount of ice I'll get.

Come on August! Lol I need to feel normal again.
Momma2Chase likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
June 16th, 2013, 06:24 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the smell of gas and new tires! I don't crave the smell, but when I smell them it smells so good, haha. My friend craved the smell of dish soap, shed go through a whole bottle a day, just washing her hands and playing with it so she could smell it!

June 16th, 2013, 06:58 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I haven't really had any of that, I don't think. I've always liked chemically smells though

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

June 16th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
I eat ice like crazy as a matter of fact my husband just went n got a huge bag for me. It does have something to do with iron though

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search