Had to call in sick today :(

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Veteran
After 4 really long/hard days at work in a row (14hrs each day instead of 12). I started having some cramps sunday night. Monday i was totally exhausted and had the day off, so i put myself on bedrest and forced fluids. Only out of bed for about 3 hours total. And the cramping only happened twice. A little while ago i started having some cramping again. Nothing regular, but painful. And i still feel like crap.
Baby's moving good. No bleeding. No leaking. Just a lot of pain and more exhaustion than i've ever had. I'm planning bedrest today again and forcing more fluids. I see my dr thursday for an appointment. If things get worse i'm gonna see about going in today. But i'm really just hoping my body is telling me it needs a break and bed rest will do the trick.
On a side note, i felt so guilty about calling in. We are short handed and i know they need me to be there. But i had to do what's best for me and baby. But still feeling guilty.
June 17th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Super Mommy
Don't feel bad you need to take care of baby and yourself! Number one priority. No one wants you going into premature labour at work of all places lol. I have had to slow down alot too. So I know how hard it is. But baby has to come first. I hope your rest works and you feel better.
June 18th, 2013, 05:51 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't feel guilty about taking the rest you need. Also, if your cramping has a pattern, please get checked out sooner than later.
June 18th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't feel guilty and yes please call your Dr if you continue to have cramping today. Feel better

June 18th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Veteran
I'm sorry you're not feeling well but I'm glad you're listening to your body. You're doing what's right for you and your baby. I totally understand what you're saying about the guilt, though... when my doctor put me on bedrest we were extremely short staff at work. I knew that by me not being there, my co-workers would have to pick up the extra slack. But everybody was very supportive and understood that it was best for me and my baby. Hugs to you and hope you get to feeling better.
June 18th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Veteran
My boss actually called me at home to check on me. She's a midwife. She recomended i go get checked even though she thought everything would be fine. I decided to go in because i noticed a spot of pink on my pantyliner.

Well. They took me in right away at the doctor. Weighed me and i was in shock that i lost 2 pounds in a week and a half. Not what i was expecting. B/p good. Urine no protien or sugar. They checked baby's heart beat on the doplar. All good. She was accelerating so that was cool to hear. Went from 175-153. Then bottoms down for a check. She said i was looked closed but she didn't want to fully check digitally because she wanted to check for fetal fibronectin (its like a protien to check if you are at risk for preterm labor). She said the results would be back in a few hours and she would personally call me to let me know. Then they put me on the nonstress test. She said baby did good. And no active contractions on the monitor.

If the fibronectin test came back positive, hen i would be off of work until after baby is born. And i would need to do a pelvic us tomorrow to heck for funneling of the cervix. If negative then no work tomorrow, and lots of rest over the weekend then i can go back to work monday.

I just got the call. Its negative. I'm so happy that everything is looking good. And even though i have been poked and prodded, i'm glad i went in. My boss is the best too. I let her know my dr wanted me to take it easy today and tomorrow and she said dont worry about comin in tomorrow. They will worry about staffing for me not to think twice about taking tomorrow off. Just keep my feet up, rest and drink water and take care of baby. And she hopes i feel better soon.
And today is my 2 year anniversay to my hubby and our dog's 2nd birthday. What a crazy day!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search