Sooo uncomfortable!!- small rant.

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs
  • 1 Post By Dandelion
  • 1 Post By Dandelion
  • 1 Post By Colliekat
  • 1 Post By Anchored

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2013, 03:20 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today is not my day. I just need to get out my frustration out to people who probably understand. I wake up a few times at night normally.. Well, last night I got up one of the few times really hurt down in my cervix! Then when I woke up for the last time it hurt, too.. It feels like he was laying on something important in there because it was sharp pain walking to the bathroom then once I went it felt better.. I had some breakfast and took a shower. I was so winded trying to get dressed I had to stop and sit in my underclothes for a while before I could get up and do lotion and put on clothes! I am achy all over and sore and feel really weak just getting around.. Then I went to this thrift shop and was on my feet for a couple hours and now my feet are so swollen that you can see where the flip flops were on my feet and the inside ankles have dissappeared and the outside ankle is still visible but swollen.. almost cankles. The bright side is- less than 6 weeks until due date. I really cant comprehend all those people who say they love being pregnant. It is definitely not glamorous at all!! Thanks for listening.. If anyone else has discomfort rants, Im all ears. I know Im not alone.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
June 23rd, 2013, 04:13 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm SO sorry you are this uncomfortable I was feeling this way before I had the baby, too, and I remember it like it was yesterday. I still get winded easily sometimes. I hope the next few weeks go by fast and that he comes as soon as he is healthy enough to do so so that you don't have to deal with this any longer than you have to. Keep an eye out for any other signs something is wrong though (blood pressure, dizziness or seeing spots, if you swelling gets worse, etc).
June 23rd, 2013, 04:30 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As lost says.. a lot if probably just regular pregnancy stuff, but some problems that we have are really something! About the peeing thing.. I average waking up every two hours at night. Well, last night I don't know if it was the allergy pill that I took or the two cranberry supplements, but I managed FOUR hour stretches without peeing! It was like heaven :-) especially since we were camping, and we have a 32 foot trailer, but getting up and going to the potty at night is a task. (very little room between the bed and the wall, and getting up on the tall bed is a chore :-)

I hope your able to get some rest and feel better!! some days for me are better than others.. :-)
ElliotsMommy13 likes this.

June 23rd, 2013, 04:39 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Ohhh, I hope you are feeling better soon!!! Sometimes being pregnant is hard and uncomfortable.
#12 is on the way
June 23rd, 2013, 04:50 PM
You still get winded?? I thought that would go away after the baby. The swelling is starting to get worse but last time I told the midwife (just this Thursday) she shook it off and told me to drink more water.. I told her I was drinking at least 5 24oz water bottles a day and she didnt seem to care. Id assume she sees it regularly so I shouldnt worry.. but its annoying. I feel like when walking the top of my foot almost juggles because its so much fatter than Im used to. I also feel like I grew significantly over night and my sister thinks so, too. I really do hope he's ready to come by 38 weeks.. I can deal with the idea of 4 weeks.. almost 6 weeks seems unbearable like this when I feel like the only thing I am good for anymore is making sure this baby grows healthy.

As for the peeing, I havent been doing as much as I should be for how much Im drinking I feel. Ive been up to roll over at night a few times without peeing!! As much as I love that idea Im thinking that Im just retaining more water now.

There is my foot today.. I feel like last week it would only get that big after days on my feet for many hours. Sorry about the huge foot picture.

June 23rd, 2013, 05:35 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable. I am there with you.
It's all pretty common I guess but it still sucks.
I've been so lucky until now that baby has been so low... NOW all of a sudden there is a baby in my ribs and my lungs have no room. I can't breathe and if I'm standing.... I'm huffing and puffing. I even woke up 2 nights ago and instantly inhaled a breath. It's like I was barely breathing in my sleep or something. :-/
My ribs are sore and I can feel her under them.

I also get the scratchy, lightning pain on my cervix.

I hate complaining so much but that's basically all I do anymore. I'm sort of miserable but just sucking it up. My ribs are sore and I can't breath. 38 days to go....

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
June 23rd, 2013, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
I hate complaining so much but that's basically all I do anymore. I'm sort of miserable but just sucking it up. My ribs are sore and I can't breath. 38 days to go....
I dont complain too much to anyone because I know complaining is annoying! Thats why I had to let it out here. Surprisingly, I like hearing other complaints because it makes me feel like less of a big baby for my complaints.

June 23rd, 2013, 06:26 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamarie247 View Post

I dont complain too much to anyone because I know complaining is annoying! Thats why I had to let it out here. Surprisingly, I like hearing other complaints because it makes me feel like less of a big baby for my complaints.
I complain to the walls lol to Zoey. To ds & dd. somehow verbalizing it all helps. Lol

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
June 23rd, 2013, 08:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hear ya girl! I am so darn tired at the moment that even walking across the room makes me breathless. I'm a super active person and I hate feeling this way. I'm still forcing myself to get out and walk the dogs but our walks are getting slower.

I went to the pool today with Maddie and it was relaxing in the water. I'm going to definitely go swimming more often. It helps

Yesterday I sorted out everything in the nursery from our baby shower and geeze it shouldn't have been a big task, but I kept having to sit and do things on the floor. I'm honestly at the stage too like most of you ladies that I am done and ready to put pregnancy behind me and meet my little girl.

June 23rd, 2013, 08:51 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can I join the club?? I am miserable too, counting down until I'm full term and hoping she makes an appearance soon after!
I can't breathe EVER. It's ridiculous. Inhalers don't help at all pretty sure it's not the asthma like originally thought. She's just so ridiculously high up!

My feet are swelling a lot too- they've been swollen all day today and I really didn't even leave the house!

And I don't sleep at all. I have started having hip pain too now so between rolling over, peeing, and now my hips I'm not sleeping at all.

I have no one to complain to usually so I am just grumpy lol

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

June 24th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Veteran
I feel bad complaining because I know some girls have it MUCH worse than me, but I am starting to get ridiculously uncomfortable. I've had 3+ pitting edema in my feet and calves for over a month now, despite upping my water intake to well over 100 ounces a day. Last night I woke up SEVEN times to pee. Seriously almost every single hour, despite not having a single drop of liquid past 6 pm. My hips are starting to become REALLY sore when I sleep despite a brand new mattress AND 3 inch memory foam topper, and the ONLY way they stop hurting is if I sleep on my back (which I still do sometimes even though the OB said it was a big no-no).

I hate that my DH friends who haven't had kids don't "really" get how uncomfortable I am. This weekend we went to our annual soapbox/block party. I had told everyone that the only way I'd go was if I had a chair to carry with me for when I needed it and if the temperature was under 90 degrees and not humid. Thankfully all those requirements were fulfilled, but I know everyone thought I was just being a big wuss.
June 24th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Veteran
I am so happy to hear this. Every pregnant person I seem to come across is 9 months pregnant and still going to they gym and have these tiny baby bumps.

I am sore and getting miserable and everyone is asking me how I'm doing. However I was doing fine until summer hit and the real heat is now creeping into the northwest. All bets are off now. If people ask me now, they'll get the real answer!
June 24th, 2013, 08:17 AM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
Oh yes I'm joining the club! Yesterday he moved up into a weird position and it felt like he was squishing all my organs and was making me feel sick to my stomach. I took a bath, layed on side and he seemed to move and make me feel a little better. I was up every hour last night for one thing or another blah...and this morning I wake up to really bad pains in my hips...do they expand at this point??

Hope all of you ladies can find something that makes you a little more comfortable

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search