Pregnancy + heat

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Fins

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
Remind me never to have sex in Nov or Dec again!

I had to get up at 6am to walk the dog just so I could beat the heat and it's already hot. I'm swelling, sweating and just overall grumpy. lol.

I can't even imagine how you ladies are doing it - we don't have the humidity!

June 30th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amen to that! The is such a new experience for me because Chase was born early June and I thought THAT was hot!

The humidity here is something special during the summer usually. It hasn't felt too bad yet but I'm sure it's coming!!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

June 30th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
I'm usually a grumpy person when I get hot anyway, so the husband has made sure I stay cool lol. We go out, he turns on the a/c in the car. In the house we have both a/c n fans going. I'm doing pretty good for the most part.

June 30th, 2013, 08:12 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I have done the summer before. Its definitely not the most fun time to be pregnant. We had a week of 90 degrees and 80% humidity that wasn't very pleasant.
#12 is on the way
June 30th, 2013, 08:24 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
This is the 2nd time I have done a summer pregnancy. It's not any easier this time around! UGH...

June 30th, 2013, 08:28 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's horrible. Been 108 for a few days and supposed to be about that or hotter for the next week or so and then only down to like 100-102ish. We cannot afford to constantly run our AC so it is MISERABLE

June 30th, 2013, 09:34 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha.. I told my mom I wasn't having another summer baby and the next one ill aim for spring delivery.. And she asked if I was going to deprive my man (future speaking) year round except for those few months I'd be ok getting pregnant! Lol at this point.. Seriously thinking that might be a plan I'm miserable, too but its the thought of knowing I've got less than 5 weeks to due date giving me some strength.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
June 30th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh yes it is miserable here in Texas. Was 110 a few days ago and the humidity is killing me slowly. I have to wait until after dark to walk my dogs and during the day it is hard to even breathe outside.

Our aircon broke 2 weeks ago and we had to replace the whole system. It was on a Saturday and thankfully due to a very nice company, they had our new system in that night by 10:00pm. I couldn't have lived without it!

June 30th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
It's the humidity and lack of good air conditioning that does it to me here. Getting up to the 90% range, though at least on the rainy days it's slightly less hot. But it basically feels like sitting in a sauna. Would definitely rather do this any other time of year!
June 30th, 2013, 04:02 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh and I said that too, especially since my youngest was born Sept 4th and this one is due Aug 24th. LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search