Hospital bags packed?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2013, 10:15 AM
I'm 35 weeks and just packed the diaper bag because I have a feeling she will come before 40 weeks. I just packed it with everyday diaper bag things plus her coming home outfit.
I haven't packed mine and DH's bag yet, I probably will closer to time. For me I'm just bringing underwear, breast pads, some shorts to wear under the hospital gown after wards, hygiene products and then our lap top, camera, chargers, plus DH's clothes. We live not even 10 minutes from the hospital so we can always send someone to get us whatever we may forget.
The most important thing would probably be my phone or camera so I can get pictures of her ASAP.
July 3rd, 2013, 02:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Who has started packing for the hospital? If you haven't yet when do you plan to? I haven't and won't this time. They only keep you for 24 hours, so DH will grab me clean clothes before I'm discharged and my cell phone stays in my purse anyways. DH will grab the box with her outfit in it to bring the day we are discharged. During our hospital tour, they have a baby and mom kit that includes NB diapers, wipes, butt balm, and toiletries for mom.

What kind of bag are you using? Will baby have their own separate bag or will you just use one large one? n/a

What is the one thing in your bag (or that will be in your bag) that you think is most important for you to have during your hospital stay? n/a
July 3rd, 2013, 02:20 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haven't packed and won't until about a week before my scheduled C-section date.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
July 3rd, 2013, 03:07 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This thread motivated me. I have Zoeys diaper bag packed now!
Irishgirl99 likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
July 3rd, 2013, 03:45 PM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
Who has started packing for the hospital? If you haven't yet when do you plan to?

I have packed the baby's bag. I have a photo outfit, coming home outfit, 2 blankets, 2 cloth diapers (using disposables until discharge), and some wipes. My bag is partially packed... I will finish it up by next Monday since I may not be allowed to go home after appt.

What kind of bag are you using? Will baby have their own separate bag or will you just use one large one?

I am using seperate bags for me and baby. I am using her daddy diaper bag (we have 2 seperate ones :-))
I am using a small Ed Hardy duffel I got from a perfume purchase. Hubby is using a backpack.

What is the one thing in your bag (or that will be in your bag) that you think is most important for you to have during your hospital stay?

The most important thing is my phone... I can not wait to post and send photos of our new bundle!!! Hubby says his most important thing is going to be fresh underwear...

July 3rd, 2013, 05:38 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
I have my list for myself and baby but have packed nothing will probabyl pack the end of July. If I can fit everything in 1 bag for myself and DH we will share but baby girl will have her own bag (I am sure I will over pack both bags)...I need to leave some room for the stuff I will get from the hospital for her though.

The most important things wil be my camera and my other DD (she won't be in the bag though) lol!
mrsmckenzie1 likes this.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
July 3rd, 2013, 07:53 PM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
Yep all packed and ready to go I am placing a home birth but I packed an emergency hospital bag just in case. I haven't put in my yoga pants or laptop/phone charger for obvious reasons but will write a last minute list of things to grab..

July 4th, 2013, 09:44 PM
laceyg's Avatar Member
So far I have half of my stuff packed. Half of it is going in the wash Saturday and end of the month I will buy my stroller and car seat me and my bf always get excited when we pack.
July 5th, 2013, 05:22 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I havent started yet Ill most likely start a week before the c-section. I did write the list though.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
July 5th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I'm getting closer to packing! I found a little suitcase (like tiny!) that I'm going to use instead of trying to buy a duffel bag... And I got some cropped sweatpants things to wear home and a nursing tank. That's about all as of right now lol

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

July 5th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm going to pack before I get my cerclage out (Aug 7) in case that speeds things up. My friend reminded me to pack my breast pump which I didn't think about but I'm going to need someone to show me how to use it!

July 5th, 2013, 08:08 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
Well I've put together about half of my birth supplies and my midwife brings the birth kit at 35 weeks when she comes to my house. I just got done buying the scents I want during labor, we're reusing the playlist from when I had my last baby, I'm sure there is plenty more but I can' think of it!

July 5th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have my bag packed except the things that I'm still using that will be put in last minute.

I'm using a large luggage bag and it is for DH, baby, and me, plus extra room for anything else we come home with.

Most important thing in there I think are my Lifesavers I liked having them to suck on last time while in labor.

July 5th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have everything packed for baby. Nothing in there for me yet. Last time I packed my stuff right before going in.

July 5th, 2013, 10:50 PM
tparum's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to tparum Send a message via Yahoo to tparum
Almost done packing got a bit more for me to put in there

Allways Remembering our Angels
Angelina Marie 08-02-99,William Dewayne 02-08-01,Thomas Ray 07-30-02 and BabyBean 02-22-08 and BabyBean 03/02/2012
July 6th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You guys are motivating me! I went yesterday and got travel sized toiletries for myself Not much but I'm working on it!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search