Hospital bags packed?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2013, 02:00 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who has started packing for the hospital? If you haven't yet when do you plan to?

What kind of bag are you using? Will baby have their own separate bag or will you just use one large one?

What is the one thing in your bag (or that will be in your bag) that you think is most important for you to have during your hospital stay?

(Home birthing mamas: what item do you feel is most important for you go have with you during your labor and delivery process?)

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

July 3rd, 2013, 02:30 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope and won't until August. I need to make my list though, just in case I have to pack in labor again. I will probably use one bag.

Most important thing is my camera and next my pillow

July 3rd, 2013, 03:35 AM
Veteran
I have one partially packed. I never pack this early (35 weeks), but we're moving in 10 days and staying with family until the baby arrives and I need to have everything I'll need for the birth and 2-3 weeks on either side separated out.

I'm a light packer and typically just use everything that the hospital provides, but this time I'm bringing a few extra outfits for baby girl. I never put my boys in any clothes other than the little shirts that the hospital provides, but this time we're having our baby with a lot of in town family and old friends and I expect we'll have lots of company at the hospital.

The only think I'd be really sad not to have is my camera. And maybe a birth ball.
July 3rd, 2013, 04:10 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I haven't started packing yet, but I have made my list for myself and baby.

The most important things to me would be my camera, phone and hygiene stuff.

July 3rd, 2013, 04:17 AM
Mommy of 3
Yep I'm done!

For me I have a gym bag and then diaper bag for the baby.
I usually don't bring a separate bag for the baby but this time I'm bringing it with some extra t shirts because both of mine spit up a lot at the start and it was hard to get tshirts off the nurses at times. Plus they were always swimming in the size 1 diapers so I'm bringing newborn size and swapping them with the ones they give me. Plus a nail clippers!! Dd's nails were crazy long when she was born and they wouldn't trim them in the nursery.

The most important things in my bag are camera and lip balm! I'm a lip balm addict at the best of times and the hospital definitely dries your lips out.

July 3rd, 2013, 04:51 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Not packing, not even sure I am going to the hospital yet.
#12 is on the way
July 3rd, 2013, 05:14 AM
Veteran
I printed off a list and last night I threw some miscellaneous stuff in it that I won't have use for until the baby comes. (nursing pads, etc). I actually need to sit down and sort it all out and check it off and actually put baby clothes in it too.

I am bringing my Gym bag with both mine and baby's stuff in it. I think I did that last time. Basically, I'm getting some stuff ready, just in case, but as I'm sure I'll go late, I will repack closer to the due date.
July 3rd, 2013, 05:22 AM
Kayla_7602's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haven't packed yet. With my last I packed so early lol. I still have a list saved on my computer of things that I packed with him, so I will just follow the list. I was planning a home birth but after so much back and forth have decided to go to the hospital because the house is so small and DH is not around to help get things ready. Although my midwives discharge after 3 hours if all goes well so I don't plan on being in the hospital for very long.

I will pack 2 bags but the diaper bag will end up not getting unpacked and used when we go out places which will be often. The most important thing will be my camera/extra batteries.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the awsome siggy!

July 3rd, 2013, 05:25 AM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
I haven't packed yet, and I don't think I will until the end of August!

I am going to use a small suitcase for me, diaper bag for baby.
July 3rd, 2013, 06:01 AM
Super Mommy
Wow... Haven't even thought about it! I should, though!
July 3rd, 2013, 06:08 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
Who has started packing for the hospital? If you haven't yet when do you plan to?

What kind of bag are you using? Will baby have their own separate bag or will you just use one large one?

What is the one thing in your bag (or that will be in your bag) that you think is most important for you to have during your hospital stay?

(Home birthing mamas: what item do you feel is most important for you go have with you during your labor and delivery process?)
I probably should do this now since I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow!! Ahh!

I will be packing my diaper bag for Zoey and another small bag for myself.

I'll make sure to pack comfortable slippers, a pillow, an after birthing delicious snack food, Chapstick and hair bands.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
July 3rd, 2013, 07:05 AM
Regular
Haven't packed yet. Using a hiking backpack I dug out of our closet, and only one bag, the less stuff the better. I'm not really packing anything for the baby...the hospital gives you everything you need for baby, I'm just bringing the boobs lol

I don't know when I'll pack. When the mood strikes me. I do have a list in the notes section of my iPhone. I figure the hospital have everything too, but if I can bring my own stuff I don't have to wait for someone to bring me a toothbrush or whatever. I just want to make sure I bring a change of clothes and some underwear. The hospitals underwear is actually like a mesh diaper...lol
July 3rd, 2013, 07:13 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
I haven't n won't till August when I'm 37 weeks. I made a list though n got anything I needed to buy off that list. I will just take one of the husband's gym bags

July 3rd, 2013, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've packed for myself and our little guy. Things I included were a folder for paperwork, an important phone numbers list (for those my husband will need to call afterwards!) chapstick and a deck of cards to either occupy us while I'm in labor or my husband when I can't be bothered lol!

I'm also packing a bag for baby bc I want him to have something cute for his hospital pic and then I need his blankets and such so we have something to send home for our puppy to smell him before we bring him home.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

July 3rd, 2013, 07:52 AM
MissCiara's Avatar It's A Girl!
I probably will start packing soon instead of waiting til' 35 weeks. I may not feel like it then!
July 3rd, 2013, 07:53 AM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
I've packed Matteo's stuff into my bigger diaper bag. I have my bag out but won't pack it until August. I've been buying extra toiletries so I can pack everything early. My bag is pretty big but I'm a FTM so I'm sure I will bring too much like I always do when I pack to go somewhere but at least SO can put his stuff in there too.

July 3rd, 2013, 08:13 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine is just one medium sized bag with my stuff (clothes, toiletries, pajamas), Elliot's outfit, and some snacks for me and whoever is with me. I've got everything ready to go and ill probably throw my iPad and kindle on top when its time to go. so mostly packed.

Its hanging out in the bassinet in my room until its time.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; July 3rd, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
July 3rd, 2013, 08:47 AM
soaringphoenix's Avatar Mother Reborn
I have not yet, I was thinking about waiting until the very last minute. Maybe even when I go into labor....therefore I can have something to do to stall on time. I don't want to rush to the hospital.
July 3rd, 2013, 08:47 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started, I'm probably halfway packed. I still need some items for it from Target so I;m waiting until after my shower this weekend to see if I get any gift cards LOL. Then I will get it finished except for the stuff I use every day like makeup, etc.

It's a duffel/small suitcase. If everything fits I will probably pack it all in the one bag, and then bring in an extra bag at some point while I am in the hospital for all the extras I take from the hospital lol

Probably my cell phone/charger, and makeup/hair stuff

July 3rd, 2013, 10:02 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had my bag semi packed for about a month now. I had a couple of bouts' of strong contractions and began to wonder if I would spend some time in the hospital. So, I packed it just in case. The contractions came on in a way I would not have been able to concentrate to pack and I thought I better prepare. I have my stuff and baby's stuff together in a little rolling suitcase.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search