Mom of the Week, July 5-11: KASHWORTH

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By KASHWORTH
  • 1 Post By Anchored
  • 2 Post By KASHWORTH

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 09:22 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

This week's lovely MOTW is ME!

Here is some information about myself!

Name: Kelsey
Due Date: August 11
Boy? Girl? Team Green?: Boy!

Now it's your turn! Ask me anything! You can even ask me to share pictures!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
July 5th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Super Mommy
Were you born and raised in Arizona?!! I WAS and I couldn't wait to leave the deadly desert

I'd LOVE to see more pictures of your pets!

July 5th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did you and DH meet?

How did you decide on your Kaleb's name?

Does this little guy have a name yet? (blame my pregnancy brain if this is already a well known fact! haha)

What kind of car do you have?

Can we see a picture from your wedding day?

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

July 5th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Super Mommy
How did you and DH meet?

Did you always want kids?
July 5th, 2013, 09:07 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
Did you want kids close in age?

How do you deal with the heat in AZ?

Are you going to go to school after you give birth?

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
July 6th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPenguin4 View Post
Were you born and raised in Arizona?!! I WAS and I couldn't wait to leave the deadly desert

I'd LOVE to see more pictures of your pets!
I was born in AZ, mostly raised here as well, spent some years living in Las Vegas with my mom but moved back here in time for school. I don't like the heat but I love Arizona. I hate humidity, couldn't stand to live in a bunch of snow, and like that there's no natural disasters It's a 2 hour drive away from a bunch of snow in the Winter, and 6 hours to the beach

This is my dog Sam, he's a Husky/Golden Retriever mix, about 7 months old

This is Dakota, he is almost 4

This is out cat Hobbes, he is about 7 months also and Jakob's best friend
MommyPenguin4 likes this.

July 6th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
How did you and DH meet?

Does this little guy have a name yet? (blame my pregnancy brain if this is already a well known fact! haha)

Lmao just realized I changed your kids name! Pregnancy brain at its finest!!!!! Hahah!
KASHWORTH likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

July 6th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
How did you and DH meet?

DH and I met in the Army, I used to be a Military Police Officer and he was in my unit. I only signed a 3 year contract and he signed a 6, so I've been out for a while and he's in the process of getting out now! (I'm glad to be parting ways with the Army completely)

Do you mean Jakob? Hehe. Actually we had chosen something else for him completely and even had personalized stuff and everything and when he was born we decided to change his name so his name was chosen on the way to go sign the birth certificate, lol. We had thrown it around as an option before, but I have such a hard time coming up with boy's names!

For this baby we have chosen the name Mikah Ryan I don't mention it often on here, cause it's a surprise to friends/family outside of JM.

I have a Kia Sorento. Got it when I found out I was pregnant so we could fit two car seats in it. Not much more fits in it though, lol. The double stroller takes up the whole back storage area and if DH and me are in it with 2 car seats then that's all that will fit unless someone tiny wants to sit in between the 2 car seats. So we need to use the other car as well if we go anywhere with the dogs, unless we don't need the stroller.

We got married without much planning because of some things coming up in the Army and were planning a wedding at a later date and then I got pregnant... and then I got pregnant again I want to lose all the baby weight first, so we are planning a wedding for some time after this baby since it will be our last (for a while anyway). I don't even have many pics from the day we got married, but here is one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookreader View Post
How did you and DH meet?

Did you always want kids?
No, I definitely didn't always want kids. My plan was to have a bunch of dogs, lol! I always said I never wanted kids, didn't even like kids really (I have no patience). When I met DH things changed though, we decided on one kid, but now the plan is 2. I love being a mom, and can't imagine my life not being a mom!
Bookreader and MommyPenguin4 like this.

July 6th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2skyty View Post
Did you want kids close in age?

How do you deal with the heat in AZ?

Are you going to go to school after you give birth?
Yes, we wanted them close in age We actually started TTC as soon as we could after Jakob but because of exclusively breastfeeding we had no idea when it would be.

You SORT OF get used to the heat in AZ. I say sort of because 85 degrees is cold, 90 degrees is a nice day in the summer, but once you start getting up to 100+ degrees (especially like the 121 degree days we've been having lately) you never get used to that, it sucks. ESPECIALLY when you're pregnant. We just stay inside. If we go to the park or something it's when the sun has mostly gone down, around 5 pm, but it's still 100 degrees out.

Yes, I'm actually going to school now! I just finished Calculus and Chemistry with the Spring semester and am now taking Public Speaking online for the Summer, I'm about halfway done with that and in August I will start a Psychology and Culture class online. I only have 4 classes left for my degree so I'll be getting my Associate's with the next graduating class in May. I'll have my Associates in Science and then I'll be applying for the Nursing program and getting my Bachelor's in Science - Nursing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search