Anyone have a stroller recommendation?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 09:57 AM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
I can't seem to find one online (joys of living in the middle of nowhere, at the moment) that I love or that seems exceptionally great. We definitely want one that we can use for a long while, so something preferably that goes into the toddler stage (or at least 1-2 years old is good!). And, we already have a carseat (chicco) so no strollers that are meant to have specific brand carseats pop in them. Definitely want a full size stroller and one that has space for a diaper bag. And no strollers that retail over like 250$ . so any recommendations??
July 5th, 2013, 10:00 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any specific recommendations because mine was pretty expensive, but I would definitely recommend getting a jogging stroller over a regular stroller, even if you don't plan on jogging. It has a much smoother ride, with DS we had a cheap stroller and it sucked then got a cheap jogging stroller and it was 50x better. We used it for day to day use and jogging as well.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
July 5th, 2013, 10:14 AM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
We got a BOB revolution, they are pricy but well worth it and have good resale value as well.
I agree with Kelsey on not getting a regular stroller, everyone of my friends advised me against it
Good luck!

July 5th, 2013, 10:17 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine was the most expensive thing I bought.. But it was the whole travel system. I got the britax b-agile stroller with the b-safe car seat and found it on sale for $320... But the stroller alone is probably much much less. I got this one because its small and compact, folds down nicely, moves so smoothly, has a nice sized canopy thing that pulls out, and has room for the big diaper bag underneath but not much more.. The down side is that if you want a cup holder or other accessories for it, you have to buy them extra. I love the simplicity, though.

There is a lot to look into about strollers, though.. So you have to think... How heavy can it be? Do you want convenience or luxury in how bulky it is? Do you want a bigger cover? Colors?

Is there any store at all you can try some out to see how you like the feel?

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
July 5th, 2013, 10:18 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I got a Britax B-Agile and love it. If you want to use it with a carseat, there is an adaptor. I got mine on amazon for $160.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

July 5th, 2013, 03:32 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
Thx guys.

The britax b agile stroller does look really nice. Do you need the britax carrier in order for infants to sit in it though?
July 5th, 2013, 03:37 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
And, I never thought about a jogging stroller. I was just thinking full size stroller because I wanted something with cup holders (for when baby is a toddler) and with storage big enough for a diaper bag. Definitely want something easy to push, though. Maybe a jogging stroller is a good idea bc I definitely plan on taking lots of stroller walks with her in California.

Melissa- ya, unfortunately the only store here is Walmart. -.- and a small, lacking Walmart at that. We may just have to wait until we get california and civilization.
July 5th, 2013, 04:39 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww.. that stinks that you cant check them out in person.. and the Britax B-Agile one reclines very far. I would think an infant would be just as good in this stroller as others without the infant seat. I only plan to use the infant seat for a short period of time.. but when he gets too big to want to carry him around Im switching to a convertible car seat and putting him in the stroller as is. If you did do the B-Agile, you might want to get the tray accessory. I got mine for $15 for when he's out of the infant seat.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
July 5th, 2013, 05:43 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
There is a universal carseat adaptor for non-Britax infant seats. Or you can just strap baby in the stroller. It reclines really well and says online that it is suitable from birth.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

July 5th, 2013, 09:58 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
Oh cool ya I like that stroller. It's not even that expensive. (At least compared to the 400-500$ ones I was seeing). Definitely at the top of the list for me to buy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search