Working?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Who is still working? I work part time only 20 hours a week, but when I work I get no breaks and I'm on my feet constantly for 4-6 hours. I'm 35 weeks and 3 days and I can tell it is getting much harder on me and causing more cramping and pressure. Is working becoming difficult for any one else?
July 5th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still working a 40 hour work week and will until the day she comes. It's difficult for me to walk in from the parking lot and it is difficult for me to sit for long periods of time. Actually, it is just plain difficult. LOL.

July 5th, 2013, 12:16 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Nope. I have been off since 22 weeks. My job is classified as very heavy physical labor so I have been on 60% disability since the end of March.
#12 is on the way
July 5th, 2013, 12:25 PM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
I still work full time however most my work is done from home so that makes it a lot easier. I will be working until July 23 then I will be taking a couple weeks of vacation before going on mat leave (we get 12 months here)

July 5th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Veteran
I'm still working 20 hours a week in childcare. It is getting alittle hard--mostly when we are outside with the kids alot and it is super hot, also having to use the bathroom all the time is annoying. Also picking up the kids can be a bit hard or worrying that one of them is going to hit me in the tummy by accident. I am not driving the van anymore, which i used to do. it is also hard because i am not going back after i have the baby so i am losing my motivation to stay--right now i think i have to stay to keep my health insurance to cover the birth. I wish i could finish up at like 38 weeks or something (i'm 34 now, but think i am a little ahead). it would be nice to have some downtime and relax as much as possible before baby. I am taking two vacations though, and its only 20 hours so i probably shouldn't complain.
July 5th, 2013, 01:29 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still working and will up until the very end.

I am a paralegal so I am mostly sitting in my office doing computer work. I did have 6 days of trial the last 2 weeks, and even then my attorney and the opposing counsel moved the boxes from my car to his office each day (private judge trial) and wouldn't let me do anything.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
July 5th, 2013, 02:00 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
I work part time 30 hours a week and its tough because it gets very boring at time and since I am always sitting sometimes when she moves its gets uncomfortable (breathing wise)!

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
July 5th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Veteran
Our baby is due August 20th & I'm still working full time too, and plan to until August 2nd. Then a little vacation time and then starting mat leave. It's an office job and while I walk around quite a bit it's not physical so it's not been too uncomfortable so far...just hot and humid in the office which is a bummer. My replacement is on vacation right now so I won't start training her until July 16th. I'm sure my office is really hoping that baby stays put until I can finish the training I need to do. Back to work after Labour Day, 2014!

July 5th, 2013, 02:55 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For the first time, I am not working at the end and I am so thankful for that!! I feel really lucky. With DD#1 I was a nanny and chasing kids around up until the end, and with DD#2 I was working at a preschool, me+12 two year olds....every day. LOL. This time around I am a realtor but taking time from a few weeks ago to a few weeks after I deliver totally off.

Hang in there ladies!!!

July 5th, 2013, 03:20 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I pretty much make my own hours at the shelter since I am the resident trainer there. I am doing about 4 to 6 days a month right now. I will continue to go until he is born.

July 5th, 2013, 03:25 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
I was working as a waitress at a restaurant about 20-25 hours a week and I couldn't take it any longer. I never got to sit, my back always killed me, stomach Muscles ached and got BH alot. So, I quit on Sunday. (33 1/2 weeks). If I had had a desk job I may have worked closer to the end but it was a struggle to even make it as far as I did.
July 5th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a babysitter/nanny so my day starts at 6 am and I sometimes go til 5 pm with other kids. Then I have my own kids in the mix and I have them 24/7 so basically my job never ends.

I am however dropping my sitting kids here in hopefully the next week so maybe my load will get lighter!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

July 5th, 2013, 05:45 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I worked until 28-29 weeks.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

July 5th, 2013, 09:23 PM
The hardest part for me is being in my feet with no breaks. I don't have benefits with my job so financially we really can't afford for me to take off sooner. My boss will give me 6 weeks maternity leave, but I'm not taking off of school next semester which starts at the end of August so I will most likely not return to work, but in the off chance I do I would like to save my 6 weeks for when my baby girl is actually here!
July 6th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Super Mommy
I am still working, hopefully will do so up to EDD or just a week before. I am also on my feet a lot and it gets really tiring. I have Fridays off now, and that helps a lot.
July 6th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Working about 35 hrs a week, mostly sitting thankfully. Plan to continue until she's born or I physically can't anymore.

July 7th, 2013, 05:48 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me. I'm only working 2 days a week when the team is out of town and 3-4 days when they are home. I'm going to work until the week before my c-section, that is, unless I go early. My job is fairly easy except some of the calls we get. There are times I have to get up and walk away for a bit lol
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

July 7th, 2013, 08:55 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I worked with 3 of my 4, I worked until they were born. With #1, I did Marketing/Special Events and was at a desk and worked until my EDD and was induced the next day.

With #2 and #3, I was teaching so I taught until they were born.

July 7th, 2013, 10:18 PM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
I'm still working full time. Im a nurse supervisor so i sit at the desk most of the time doing paperwork, every now and then when we are short i work the floor which after NOT doing it for 7 months it really tires me out. Friday i was on the floor but one of the other nurses passed the meds for me. My coworkers help out so much which i appreciate its the administrator(a man) who doesnt get it I had planned on working up until the weekend of her EDD but my job told me I had to use my vacay time before they would apply my FMLA so I said what the hey I might as well get paid to rest before she comes.

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

Last edited by BabyT_heart_beat; July 7th, 2013 at 10:27 PM.
July 8th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Veteran
Still working full time here, and plan to until the day I go into labor (I'd prefer to save my vacation and FMLA for when DD is here). Thankfully I have a desk job so it's not too physically taxing. As a FTM I used to think that pregnant ladies just exaggerated the physical effects of pregnancy, but I have a new found respect for every pregnant lady who works on her feet for 8+ hours at a time in the 3rd trimester!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search