Rant.... I hate target!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 12:55 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
I am so infuriated at targets customer service right now. I ordered a bassinet from them online last Friday. On Monday I got an email saying it had shipped. Well, its now Friday and everyday I have tried to track it on ups it just says a label was created, and the latest I was suppose to receive it was next Tuesday on the 9th. So I called targets customer service today and the guy was not helpful! First he kept repeating "it's not the 9th yet" over and over again. Okay dude, I know that! But that's in 2 business days and ups hasnt even recieved it yet! And, I asked him what sort of compensation they offer if a package is lost on ther fault and he tells me about her return policy! Seriously!???? He eventually tells me if I don't get the package on Tuesday that they have to launch an investigation which could take a week and then after that they would refund our money and we would have to then reorder it!!! So, I might not literally get the bassinet for like 3 weeks! This ticks me off cause I had his happen with the bouncer I ordered from amazon and the guy from amazon was so nice, immediately looked into what happened (and I also called a day before I should have received it) and didnt make me wait.. He immediately gave me a 10$ amazon credit and shipped a new one over night delivery! Yet target is going to make me wait until Tuesday to do this investigation and then another week to refund money and then I have to reorder!!!?? Ugh! And on top of it all when I was I obviously upset on the phone and about to cry (hormones) and just so mad that my baby wasn't getting her bassinet the freaking guy laughed a couple times!!! Nice customer service, target!

Sorry this was long. I am just so mad.
July 5th, 2013, 01:01 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
When I ordered some stuff back in March from Walmart, the tracking numbers never updated, but I did get the stuff on time. Hopefully that will be the case.

Sometimes if you call back you get a better, more understanding customer service person.

Sorry the guy had you all upset, sounds like he was a jerk.
#12 is on the way
July 5th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I order a lot of stuff online and a lot of times the tracking never updates. I usually get things earlier than expected with Target though. I hope it works out for you. Sorry the customer service dude was no help!

July 5th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you were treated like that I don't understand how some people have customer service jobs and get away with acting like that.

Maybe call UPS directly. I've always had a good experience talking to their customer service people. Even if they don't have an answer at least they've been nice.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
July 5th, 2013, 02:59 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Call or email Target Corporate. Especially about the guy laughing, you will probably get a MUCH better and faster response! You need to go over that guy's head!

July 5th, 2013, 03:15 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
Ugh.. I just never had ups never not update their stuff. (Or fedex) and I have ordered almost everything for the baby online. I don't want to call ups because when this happened with amazon (ups site showing label created) I called ups thinking it was their error and they told me I had to call amazon. Ups said if they had received it (amazon package) it would have been scanned into their system and updated online.

The guy was so irritating! I mean ***. I asked him how I would be compensated, he directs me to targets refund policy online. I tell him I didn't ask about the refund policy and he says I did. NO I DID NOT!

And a couple different times he told me he was going to hang up on me! And I wasn't being rude. Upset I may have sounded but I wasn't being rude. What kind of customer service is target running here!??? I've rarely had to deal with customer service due to an order but when I have they were extremely apologetic and adamant about correcting the problem. The guy from amazon was so understanding, told me he knows how important it is for people to receive things on time and what have you.

And I seriously didnt appreciate his laughing! He wouldn't be laughing if an important item for his baby to be in 5 weeks was lost and customer service was no help! Blah!
July 5th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That really sucks that he was so uncaring about the situation. :\

Hopefully it's a non-issue come the 9th though. I've ordered many many many things online (too many! lol) and often have had tracking be stuck at "label created" until the time of delivery. If it says shipped Monday, but hasn't updated from the label creation, I would give it until Monday and see if you get it. This week there were only 4 business days for shipping (UPS doesn't deliver on 7/4) and then of course the weekend doesn't count as business days but they are still moving packages "behind the scenes" so it very well could make it to its destination right on time

Hope it does! Nothing I hate more than waiting on a package!! lol

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

July 5th, 2013, 09:48 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
Well, idk what happened.. But an hour after I called I got an email saying something about the package being directly sent to the nearest ups store and whatever. I just thought it was some bs email. But I checked the tracking on ups about two hours again and FINALLY it was off label created. Miraculously it is in fargo. (City four hours away). I looked on targets page and all the target stores in the area had the bassinet in stock. So, I'm wondering if they realized their mistake and got one pulled from a shelf ASAP! Idk. Who knows. Guess I don't really care what happened at this point, I'm just happy to have a location on it! I don't think I will ever order from target online again though. Worst online experience I've ever had.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search