Heartburn

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Regular
Anyone have heartburn all the time? I'd had it for days, morning, day and night, eat, don't eat, drink, don't drink, doesn't matter, I can only take so many tums and they don;t really help...its never ending. Anyone else?
July 5th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did awhile ago and told my Ob about it and got a prescription for Nexium It's been a lifesaver (except for last week when my heartburn/reflux came back for a few days)! You could ask your Ob next visit for a medication if you're open to that. Once my Ob found out that Tums and OTC meds weren't even touching it at all, she gave me a prescription. And honestly, I am SO happy i mentioned it because if I were still going through that today I'd be a mess!

In the meantime- have you drank milk? I would find on days that it was more minor a big cold glass of mik would help settle it a bit!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

July 5th, 2013, 09:07 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also got a prescription because I was more afraid of being dehydrated from not drinking (water caused it) than of taking a medication.. Plus, tums did nothing and they would only cause constipation. I was given half the OTC dose of prilosec to take.. so 10mg/day.. definitely helps!!

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
July 5th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
My heartburn isn't too frequent (partly because I'm avoiding things I know set it off like garlic), but I've been getting reflux lately. Nausea as soon as I lie down, even though I try not to eat too soon before bed. I know it would help to prop myself up a bit, but I can't get comfortable at all that way right now with this belly!

My OB prescribed Zantac about a week and a half ago in addition to Tums as needed. I'm not sure if it's helping, but I'm having a hard time remembering to take it twice a day since I can't take it first thing in the morning with my thyroid medicine so that may be the issue.
July 5th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I pretty much have constant heart burn and at night I'm often I'm bed in tears. I take zantac and I'll get relief for just a short while.

Can't wait for this to be over.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggy!

July 6th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Regular
I'm going to ask my doc about something like Nexium. Actually DH offered to get it today after work, the OTC one. Last night the heartburn was so bad I was really nausous! I was in the bathroom waiting to throw up! omg, I've never had such horrid heart burn. Yes just one more reason I cant wait to have the baby and be done with pregnancy! (this is our last one)
July 6th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do get frequent heartburn but its actually a lot less now that she's dropped. Thank goodness because it was basically reflux before.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
July 7th, 2013, 08:29 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
My heartburn got so bad that it was making me cough throughout the day. And in the mornings it was so bad, it made me throw up every single day. My OB has me taking OTC Prevacid once a day, and it has made a huge difference.

July 7th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey99 View Post
I'm going to ask my doc about something like Nexium. Actually DH offered to get it today after work, the OTC one. Last night the heartburn was so bad I was really nausous! I was in the bathroom waiting to throw up! omg, I've never had such horrid heart burn. Yes just one more reason I cant wait to have the baby and be done with pregnancy! (this is our last one)
Just an FYI- if yours is as bad as mine was, the OTC will only help for a few weeks or a week. I tried multiple OTC (all pre approved by the dr) but it was just too bad and I ended up with a prescription.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

July 7th, 2013, 10:12 PM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine is dang near un bearable. I am SO done with this whole pregnancy. Its so far beyond heart burn I will be shocked if my esophagus isn't full of holes. Water even mylanta burns.
This sucks so bad.

July 8th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Veteran
I've had horrendous heartburn and acid reflux for years. This baby hasn't made it any better. I actually woke up mid acid-reflux vomit the other week. My OB prescribed Prilosec last week and while not a miracle fix, it's helped tremendously.
July 8th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have only had it mildly. I would suggest a prescription like the other girls. I do know that watermelon helps and my mom has bad acid reflux/heartburn and says that drinking ice water actually makes it worse. I tend to drink a lot of water before bed (hey, I'll be up to pee 10 times either way) and I know that when I do that I will lay down for the night and realize it is worse than usual. Hope you get relief soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search