Question about baby baths without all the fixings?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 1 Post By Casey99
  • 1 Post By mamalamb
  • 1 Post By Casey99

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Regular
FOr my first two kids, we had a baby bath that was a plain, flat tub with a small plug at the bottom. We also bought this sponge like bottom, it was about 3 inches thick with a baby shaped groove in it.

I loved it. I could put the tub in our real bath, put just enough water so that the sponge waswet (like 2-3 inches, and lay the newborn on it. When we were done, just pull the plug and the water drains into the real tub.

We got rid of it after our second son because I never dreamed how hard it would be to find a plain tub!

All the baby tubs are contoured and weird! They have built in hoses, and slings, omg...

For a new born, I just want a flat bottom tub, we were able to find anotehr sponge bottom.

I checked online target, walmart, babies r us...nothing! Why can't I just find a plain tub? Anyone know what I'm talking about?
July 6th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It IS really hard to find a simple tub!

What about something like this? Home Grown Families: Prince Lionheart Flexi-Bath~With Infant Support~ Review and Giveaway $58 RV

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

July 6th, 2013, 02:26 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are using that puj tub this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Jhendrickson likes this.
July 6th, 2013, 02:33 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
I bought this one in pink!

Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Aquarium Bath Center:Amazon:Baby
July 6th, 2013, 03:05 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I don't use them. baby goes in the shower with me or in the sink.

I do remember the ones you speak of. LOL. Simple. Now they are crazy and big and cost too much!!
kjm likes this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
July 6th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I know what you're talking about, but also haven't seen it for sale.

We use this one, it is contoured and has a sling for newborn use, but it's shallow and has a plug and fits perfectly on my kitchen sink so I don't have to bend much to get baby nice and clean. Amazon.com: The First Year's Infant To Toddler Tub with Sling, Blue: Baby

My sister uses a "bloomin bath" for her baby and loved it, which might appeal more to you? Amazon.com: Blooming Baby Bath Color: Turquoise: Baby

Or, I did find this newborn bath sponge for under $11, but no tub to go with it Amazon.com: Summer Infant Comfy Bath Sponge: Baby

July 6th, 2013, 03:32 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you have an Ikea, they have plain ones like that there.

I can't stand baby bathtubs. We always use the sponge things in the sink for a few weeks/a month or so like this: Babies R Us Turtle Bath Sponge Cushion - Babies R Us - Babies "R" Us

And then we use this kind until they can sit up: Babies R Us Bath Sling - Babies R Us - Babies "R" Us

July 6th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Regular
Thank you everyone! I continued looking after I posted. I saw the fold up one and was thinking about that. I also saw the turtle sponge one at babies r us. It seems our local store doesnt carry it but the Toys r us does. So we might head over there this week. I'd rather buy in person only because I'm afraid to order it and then it not be what it appeared online. I was trying not to spend too much. Ironically, the one we bought for DS #1 7 years ago, was the cheapy cheapo one because it had no frills!! lol

I figured if worse comes to worse, I will do the sponge in the bottom of our tub without the baby bath. I swear before I know it he will be sitting up and this won't even be an issue! At that point I just stick them in the regular tub!
mamalamb likes this.
July 6th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We had a fancy one with DS and only used it once. I find it easier to just bring baby in the tub with me or DH, or in the sink.

July 7th, 2013, 09:18 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got a baby spa when I was pregnant with my first. I used it maybe one with him and twice with my daughter. It was a pain. I just put them into the sink with something like this
Summer Infant Mother's Touch Deluxe Baby Bather, Submarine - Walmart.com

Once babies were all clean I rinsed it off and let it dry in the drying rack.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
July 7th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprylLynn View Post
We got a baby spa when I was pregnant with my first. I used it maybe one with him and twice with my daughter. It was a pain. I just put them into the sink with something like this
Summer Infant Mother's Touch Deluxe Baby Bather, Submarine - Walmart.com

Once babies were all clean I rinsed it off and let it dry in the drying rack.
OMG, I was talking to my kids and reading over quickly and read your last line that once the babies were all done you rinsed them off and dried them in the drying rack!!

Anyway, we can't do that sink or I'd rather not. Mainly because our sink is ridiculously shallow. Be bought this house last year and need to get the kitchen done but havent yet. I've never seen a sink this shallow, it sprays water off the bottom when we turn the faucet on. I hate it!!! But I definitely don't want to bath the baby in there, I don't even like rinsing dishes.

And the bathroom sinks are small and a weird shell shaped, I wouldn't be able to use them either...the people before us had odd taste...
July 7th, 2013, 10:13 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Casey, we may not be able to use our sink this time around, either. We are in a new house and it has a divided sink, and I'm not sure the sponge thing will fit. We are still using it though, if it doesn't fit we will just lay it in the bathtub.... baby bathtubs are a pain! lol
Casey99 likes this.

July 7th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalamb View Post
Casey, we may not be able to use our sink this time around, either. We are in a new house and it has a divided sink, and I'm not sure the sponge thing will fit. We are still using it though, if it doesn't fit we will just lay it in the bathtub.... baby bathtubs are a pain! lol
I have a funny feeling we will end up doing the same. I want to get a bath, but I forsee some procrastination on continuing to look for one, and the sponge in the tub being used! lol
mamalamb likes this.
July 7th, 2013, 02:38 PM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey99 View Post
OMG, I was talking to my kids and reading over quickly and read your last line that once the babies were all done you rinsed them off and dried them in the drying rack!!

Anyway, we can't do that sink or I'd rather not. Mainly because our sink is ridiculously shallow. Be bought this house last year and need to get the kitchen done but havent yet. I've never seen a sink this shallow, it sprays water off the bottom when we turn the faucet on. I hate it!!! But I definitely don't want to bath the baby in there, I don't even like rinsing dishes.

And the bathroom sinks are small and a weird shell shaped, I wouldn't be able to use them either...the people before us had odd taste...
LOL! I was typing while my 2 yr old was climbing me so I clearly wasnt paying attention to what I was writing. lol

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search