Going to take a break

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2013, 02:50 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will be here in the wishing well forum to stay up to date on my DDB and will post any updates needed for her But at least for now, I am going to stay off the board. Usually I can deal with people being nasty pretty well but with the stress of a preemie in the hospital, I am not doing so well with it so I have to be accountable for MYSELF and step back. I can't change other people but I can remove myself from stress. It's nothing against 99.99% of you ladies, so please do not take it personally. Any of you can PM me at any time, and I will respond, or talk to me on facebook, or however you want to contact me. I absolutely want to stay up to date on your pregnancies so if you have a blog/facebook/instagram/etc, just PM it to me so I can follow I'm sure once things settle and I'm not so stressed by the hand life has dealt us, I will feel better equipped to "deal" and come back. But if not, I'll definitely stay in touch with as many of you awesome ladies as I can. i'd say "good bye" or "have a nice rest of your pregnancy" but I'm expecting we'll keep in touch another way, so, I'll see the BOARD later, but hopefully see you LADIES soon
July 7th, 2013, 03:00 PM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would be sad to see you not posting around here as often! Don't let one or two people get you down, just block them But you are right, you need to do what's best for you. I hope you decide to stay, but take care of yourself and your beautiful little girl before worrying about anything else
yvee80, Ray88, alittlelost and 2 others like this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
July 7th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Super Mommy
Completely understandable! I can't imagine the stress you are under while your body is healing and baby is still in the hospital. When dealing with a group- especially a group of pregnant women from all walks of life- can be VERY difficult! If it has anything to do with resent posts I must say thank you for your information. Life is tough and it's never good just to follow the crowd with eyes closed :0) best wishes to you and your new family... Please keep us updated on your and baby's progress!
alittlelost and mom2K&G like this.

July 7th, 2013, 03:09 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whatever you need to do for you and your health and sanity for you and baby girl is understandable! You're always welcome whenever you want to poke in. You're part of our online family.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
July 7th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that you are feeling the need to take a break because of nastiness You definitely don't need that. My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you and baby Isabel.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
July 7th, 2013, 03:46 PM
soaringphoenix's Avatar Mother Reborn
Oh no, selfishly I wish you wouldn't. It would be weird not seeing your post. But it is definitely understandable. You will be missed! My thoughts will be with you and your baby girl. If you can, KUP.
July 7th, 2013, 03:51 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sure I will be back, and soon, but it's entirely about my hormones and not letting my hormones turn me into a nasty or argumentative person (hey, it can happen to the best of us) and that is because I care about you ladies so much that I wouldn't want to become nasty, even from hormones, and end up losing friends or respect from people I value. So, it's really just about getting myself in check, then I will be back. Love you ladies and wouldn't miss out on the special moments of the end of your pregnancies!
MommyPenguin4 likes this.
July 7th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
That sucks but I understand. Wishing u n baby girl well
alittlelost likes this.

July 7th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy

July 7th, 2013, 04:20 PM
MissCiara's Avatar It's A Girl!
I respect the fact that you are removing yourself from the stress but I will miss seeing posts from you. I wish you and baby girl well and hope to see u back around soon :-)
alittlelost likes this.
July 7th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
speaking of this, do we think it's time that we opened up a private group for us on FB? I don't want to take away from JM at all but it might be a nice, safe den for all of us

Lost, I know we haven't gotten to know each other really well but I always look forward to your posts!

July 7th, 2013, 04:50 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
Lost, I know we never really got a chance to get to know each other, but I hope you come back sooner than later. It wont be the same not seeing your posts and comments on here. I fully understand your reasoning and I hope nothing for the best for you and your baby girl. I hope she can go home soon!

I hope we see you soon!
MommyPenguin4 likes this.

July 7th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you stay in contact Lost. I also would not be opposed to a Facebook group provided it doesn't include people who go out of their way to shame others or start drama. Either way, I'll still be posting here.
mamalamb and mom2K&G like this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
July 7th, 2013, 06:54 PM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just want to say I am opposed to a Facebook group. It totally kills boards on JM whether you mean it to or not. I like that we are friends on Facebook but I don't think a group would be good at this time. I would join if one was made, but I'm still sad about my March PR dying cause of FB
Irishgirl99 likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
July 7th, 2013, 06:57 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it is close enough to the time the babies start coming, that a facebook group would be ok wit me, too.. but, some of you ladies have me on Facebook anyway.. I will be posting more pictures on facebook than I would here, too just because I have my things pretty private and I know random people will steal images and use them as their own to troll... But also, kind of on the fence with the timing.. Part of me also thinks it should wait until we are moved to a PR.

I think eventually it would be nice for us to have a facebook group to share our pictures and talk in a private environment outside of a public forum.. and not bombard friends with new pictures all the time..

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; July 7th, 2013 at 07:01 PM.
July 7th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually am a part of a due in August fb group that I stumbled upon a few months back. Lol I've gotten to know quite a few of those ladies and I like posting on fb. That being said, I'd be sad if this board died so early because of a new Facebook group.
mom2K&G likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
July 7th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
I feel that after the girls have their babies the ddc pretty much dies out anyway. I feel fb will keep us in contact n will be easier to update. We could start one but wait till all the babies r here to use it.
Momma2Chase likes this.

July 8th, 2013, 06:37 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
{{HUGS}} I'm sad to see you go and I hope it's short lived. Don't let one person push you away, I've seen so many ugly and rude posts from that poster and have chosen to not even open her posts because I just don't want the drama, nor do I have the time for it. I may not see eye to eye on your point of views but I appreciate your links and such and have always loved that you don't attack others for not seeing the same way.. {HUGS}

July 8th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Mommy of 3
I hope you stick around Lost. You'd definitely be missed around here.

As for Facebook I hope we don't start one! I'm pretty private and don't like posting much personal info so I'm not into posting on a Facebook group. But I'd miss all you ladies if you moved over there!!

July 8th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Kayla_7602's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lost sorry you feel like that I know I look forward to your updates and posts and hope you dont take a long break!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the awsome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search