We are getting soo close!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By mommy2skyty
  • 1 Post By BabyT_heart_beat
  • 1 Post By mom2K&G
  • 1 Post By Jen71
  • 2 Post By sapphire116
  • 1 Post By Hesperleigh
  • 1 Post By Dandelion

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2013, 10:18 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
It seems like just yesterday we were getting our BFPs and now we are one month away from having our babies! I really like our board and so far we have all gotten along pretty well but I was sad to see a post that created some drama! It is important to remember we are all mom's with different opinions and there are certain topics that create more arguments that others. I have tried soo hard as a mom not to judge other people's parenting choices and would hope for the same towards myself. As a first time mom I had all these ideas of what I would and wouldn't do as parent and since then I have changed some things and kept some the same. For instance I always thought breastfeeding would be something that was easy and something I really wanted to do. Well I had many latch issues and pain and decided to pump for my daughter instead. Well little did I know according to another mom that pumping wasn't breastfeeding and she couldn't believe I would rather pump than breastfeed because breastfeeding "was soo easy." I felt like I failed as mom because I was only able to pump for my daughter for 4 months before switching to formula because I had lost my supply. So yes even thought I was successful breastfeeding my son I would never judge a woman's choice on how to feed her baby. Just today I went to my friend's baby shower and she is going to formula feed and she also formula feed her first 2 children from the start and is very happy to do so again. I will give her my free formula samples and coupons and she is thrilled and I respect her decision to formula feed for the start. So anyways I hope we can all continue to be close as a group and welcome each other choices and differences of opinions

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

July 7th, 2013, 10:35 PM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
It's so awesome we are down to single digit weeks til we deliver. I remember we were excited we hit double digit weeks in the first trimester . Haven't been on a lot so I'm not aware of the "drama" recently but I agree I hope we can continue to be a great group of ladies that accept differing opinions. You think we have different opinions and views now just wait til our LO's get here. I look forward to the advice and differing of opinions lets not let that disrupt our awesome group!!
mom2K&G likes this.

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

July 8th, 2013, 04:09 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
Very well said, I couldn't agree more! I have always respected people's opinions how they raise their children. We all do it differently. If there is a post about breast feeding, non vaccinating, cloth diapering I don't really respond because I don't do those things, but I love to read them anyways.

I hope we can continue to support one another through this journey together. Some of us ladies have become pretty close.
mommy_to_nico likes this.

July 8th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Jen71's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes, this is a good group. I've seen some doozies out there, and this one rocks. Keeping up with a couple kids and working means I don't have as much time to check consistently, and even less time to post as much as I want, so I haven't seem drama. It's bound to happen in any group though.

I have very much learned in my years that everyone does the best they can with what they know. We can not judge what others do. If people try to offer help/info in constructive ways, we need to try not to be defensive. There are some things that people hold very dearly to their hearts that for them equate to core values (like discipline issues and what not) and it can get tricky. Debate can be healthy as long as we try to respect others.
mom2K&G likes this.

July 8th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Veteran
I know I haven't been as active on here as some other momma's, but this board has been invaluable to me. It's helped me through a lot of my crazy "is this normal?" paranoia, and I've always felt that it was a safe place to go to. As a FTM I've always had strong views of how I would parent, but as I get closer to my due date I realize that I'll probably have to throw a lot of those ideas out the window and wing it to see what works best for ME. I'm sad to see some of the drama that's unfolded, although thankfully it's been very minimal. While I personally don't agree with some of the views different people have on child rearing, I can understand and respect why they choose particular routes different than my own.

And yes, I am SO excited to meet Riley! DH and I chit chat every single night about what we think she'll look like, what her temperament will be, etc.
mommy_to_nico and mom2K&G like this.
July 8th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also have really enjoyed this board. I don't feel like I know very many people like I did on the last board I belonged to, but I'm glad to have you all here just the same. I tend to stay out of the posts that get me worked up. I just want everyone to be supportive of each other. Isn't that why we all come to places like this? I don't know about the rest of you, but I put enough mommy guilt on myself for all kinds of things and definitely don't need any help in that department!
mom2K&G likes this.

July 8th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also love this board and that its mostly drama free. I tend to get angry when anyone tries to create drama on it lol I wish there was a way to get to know each other more/ get closer as friends. Sometimes it feels too formal on here.
Fins likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search