Vbac

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Veteran
Hey all! Who else is trying for a VBAC or have had one?? What are you doing to prepare? Advice?

I had emergency c-section 6 years ago and am hoping for a VBAC this time, but I am very nervous about it. I guess what I am most nervous about is that things will not go well and I well end up with another c-section. For me the hardest part was the emotional aspect. I really felt like I failed at what I should have been able to do. My son also had to go to the NICU for two days and that sucked.

To prepare the main thing I am trying to do is process what happened last time (but I still get really emotional thinking or talking about it). I am trying to tell myself that I will give it my best shot, but if I have to have a c-section as long as baby and I are both ok, then I should feel ok about it. My dr. group seems very supportive of VBACs. I am also trying to learn all the rules and things that will effect my labor and delivery--for example, that I will have to have an IV port, and monitors on my tummy, however I can still walk around and go in the tub etc. with them. I will also have a dedicated nurse at all times. I was trying to find a doula, but didn't find anyone. I am trying to do lots of reading as well as stay active and I have gained a lot less weight then last time. It is getting harder to stay active though...

I really hope to hear from others!!
July 8th, 2013, 07:17 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My best advice is hope for the best (vbac) but be ready for the worse (emergency csection). My second I had a vbac planned, and was like no way will I have another csection. But I didn't even go into labor and my uterus ruptured and I ended up with another emergency csection. Oh and make sure your dr is really on board, some drs say they are on board, but they will push a csection ln you. (tell you its not going fast enough for example). Good luck!

July 8th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm going for a vbac and am hopeful. To prepare I've been bouncing on my ball and doing kegels. Last time my daughter was breech and we had to have a c-section but this little girl is head down and my ob is super excited and supportive

July 9th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Veteran
I'm in the same boat as well. I am all for vbac, but am starting to think of all the reasons why I could end up with repeat c=section that are out of my control: breech, way overdue(most likely), too long of a labour.

I can't be induced due to the c section so I need to go into labour on my own and that is what did not happen with my first. I sometimes wish I'd waited out the extra 3 days to see if I would have gone into labour on my own with the last kid. I had lots of c-section complications afterwards. Baby was fine.

I really don't know what to do about natural labour and what I need to think about. I'm a little lost as well. I know what you are feeling. Especially about the last birth being not what you envisioned. It is difficult to get over that, even though you know realistically, you and baby are here and healthy now.
July 9th, 2013, 09:20 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Don't get impatient. 38-42 weeks is normal for pregnancy. Remember your "due date" is just an estimate of when to expect baby. 42 weeks is not abnormal. I am a 42 weeker.

Try to stay home as long as possible, it avoids interventions which increase your risk of repeat c-section.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search