Anyone feel *sad* to have pregnancy almost be over??

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2013, 08:16 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
Everyone here seems so excited for it be over... And, I definitely can't wait to see my baby and also for my bf to get to really bond with her but I am feeling so sad (not all the time but randomly.. Like now lol) to almost have pregnancy be over! I'm sure it has a lot to do with it being my first and last (we are going to be living in San Diego and the cost of living in so high there that 2 kids -bf has previous daughter- is sooo expensive as it is) but I just can't believe in a month I won't feel her bouncing around in there... Or be this protective home for her. I was just looking at my first sonogram pictures from 11 weeks and I can't believe I am now almost 35 weeks! I could cry! A lot! Thought I am sure that is just hormones, too, lol. I definitely won't miss the backaches and other aches and pains but gosh.. Part of me hopes the next 4 weeks just creeps by.
Ray88 likes this.
July 10th, 2013, 08:20 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If we were for sure set that he was our last I would definitely be sad! There is the possibility we will do 1 more so I think it takes the edge off lol It does make me sad, but so do the birthdays, first steps, going to school, etc...it's all really bittersweet!!!

July 10th, 2013, 08:31 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not one bit sad. Lol. Next pregnancy I won't be single and will probably have better moments but doing everything solo and so huge now mixed with my body not cooperating with me now.. I've had enough.
mom2K&G likes this.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
July 10th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hel! No I'm not sad. This pregnancy has been so hard from the hyperemesis in the first trimester to just feeling exhausted now and dealing with being painful when she moves.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm definitely not one who likes being pregnant. I'm so ready to meet my little girl and not be pregnant anymore.
mom2K&G likes this.

July 10th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Super Mommy
I am not sad this time around, even though this is likely my last baby. However, with my first pregnancy, I was definitely sad to see the end of being pregnant and I was in no rush to get baby out! I relished those final weeks. With my second and now third pregnancies, I didn't get to enjoy the end much because I was busy taking care of my kid/s.
July 10th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be sad one day. When she's like a month old and getting bigger. I'll sit and cry lol and when she goes to kindergarten I'll sit and sob and wish she was still in utero. however, I won't miss feeling like ***** all day long or the constant heartburn.
Ray88 and mom2K&G like this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
July 10th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Jen71's Avatar Super Mommy
Well, I won't miss the constant pain in my hip and pelvis, I won't miss heartburn or constantly worrying if baby is ok in there. I won't miss lugging around the extra 60-70 pounds.

I will definitely miss being pregnant and the miracle of being pregnant. I LOVE that part. I love feeling her move, I love feeling like a walking miracle and having people smile knowingly at me (even though I'm a waddling blimp).

This is my last one, and I'm trying hard to cherish each moment.
teeny0518 likes this.

July 11th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This pregnancy has been rough on me so I've got mixed feelings about not being pregnant anymore. Part (a BIG part) is happy and excited for it to be over but then again, I know this is my last so that makes me sad. I am try to enjoy the little things (feeling baby move, hearing her heart at visits, being taken care of by DH ) as they happen and ignore the yucky stuff.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

July 11th, 2013, 05:13 AM
MissCiara's Avatar 8/28/13
I'll be a little sad! I am going to miss watching her movements from inside and flaunting my cute bump!
Ray88 likes this.
July 11th, 2013, 06:10 AM
teeny0518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sure I would be sad if this was my last too! I am, however, NOT sad because I worry CONSTANTLY. I hate not being able to at least see her and have some control over her well being. The worrying gets worse the further along I am. I am counting the hours until she is in my arms so I can take care of her.

July 11th, 2013, 06:49 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes and no.

I'm so glad it's over with. I'm ready to meet her, hold her, and all that. I'm ready to not be in pain. This pregnancy I've had diarrhea on and off, round ligament pain from about 8 weeks, sciatica pain since about 12 weeks, pelvic pain since about 16 weeks, Braxton hicks since about 19 weeks, cholestasis since 24 weeks, insomnia since about 30 weeks. I'm just done.

But then I'm sad it's over. This is our last and I did love being pregnant with my first 3. I'm just sad ill never feel another move inside me, I'll never get that joy of surprise to see what I made, and ill never have a pregnant belly again.

July 11th, 2013, 06:59 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
Honestly no, I am not sad at all! I am so ready for these next 26 to 40 days to pass FAST! Dealing with Braxton Hicks, pelvis and hip pain, sciatic nerve pain, insomnia, rib cage pain and constant peeing. This is most likely our last one and although I will miss feeling him move I'm ready to be done! It's so exhausting taking care of a toddler and being in pain 24/7.

July 11th, 2013, 07:40 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Yes, I am in no rush. I will miss being pregnant. I am not sure if this is the last one or not, there are a lot of factors in play.
#12 is on the way
July 11th, 2013, 07:50 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A little bit. I'm in no hurry for it to be over with. I mean I'm ready to meet her NEXT month, but I don't want her to come too early and I still have SO much to do. Plus I WILL miss having her all to myself. I will miss her rolls and kicks and flips. I will miss my growing belly and the way my hubby looks at me while rubbing on the belly
miniRazz likes this.

July 11th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ME!! I'm having severe anxiety about this pregnancy being over. I'm not the least bit worried about taking care of baby, or how he'll fit it and we'll adjust. My anxiety stems from I don't want to share him! So many people already love our little guy, he's often referred to as "my baby" even if he's not related ;-) and the thoughts of 300 people wanting to hold him makes me cringe. I LOVE when my husband lays on my belly in the morning/at night and our little one kicks and wiggles for him. I love the bumps and wiggles and thumps I feel often. This pregnancy has been alot rougher than either of my others but man, I'm going to be sad it's over.

I'll be excited to finally see him/hold him but at the same time, sad because it'll be the last time I ever welcome a new little guy into our family who came from both my husband and me. sigh.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

July 11th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Right now the overwhelming yearning to meet her and have daddy and brothers meet her is overshadowing any sadness. I'm anxious and excited more than everything. This stage of pregnancy is hard and thrilling for a control freak like me because I have no control over when she chooses to come and I want her here so badly.

Since this is my last pregnancy I'm sure there will come a time when I get a bit nostalgic or sad. I'm still pretty young so I have plenty of friends and family members who will be pregnant in the future and that may briefly make me want to experience pregnancy again, but I'm sure it will pass. I love being a parent and am sure I will be busy busy busy enjoying my husband and three kids- such a blessing!
mamalamb likes this.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
July 11th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm mixed. I'm so anxious to meet the little guy but it's nice having this down time before he arrives.

July 11th, 2013, 11:01 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have my moments. On one hand, yes I am uncomfortable and can't wait to meet this little one, but on the other hand, if this is my last I will definitely miss being pregnant and feeling a baby move around inside of me.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
July 11th, 2013, 08:19 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
I'm anxious to meet the little one, but at the same time, I feel a bit sad. This is our last baby, and it makes me sad to think that I won't be pregnant again.

July 11th, 2013, 09:56 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
Ya... Sometimes I feel so excited to be with her! I imagine holding her and snuggling with her. And it does make me really excited to have my bf get to hold her! I can't wait for them to bond... But then I have times where I am just sitting or laying and feeling her roll and kick and I feel sad thinking I won't feel that again, and its such am amazing precious feeling.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search