Home from the hospital . . .

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
I went for my NST and appointment on Tuesday and ended up being admitted. The nurse said that my NST was "almost reactive 3 times" but doc said it was all fine. My doc was concerned about preE. My BPs have been slightly high but not extreme like they were with my dd, I haven't had extreme swelling like I did with her either. I will admit that around my eyes was swollen, like I had been crying but I hadn't. That was strange. Anyhow, he admitted me for dehydration and 24 hour urine ( more or less for observation, I think). The protein in my urine came back high and they decided that they wanted another one and wanted me to stay ANOTHER night. Then around 8 pm (Thursday) my doc came in and said that I could stop the 24 hour urine and go home! He has me on bed rest and I have to follow up with him on Monday. My BP's have been in the 140-150's over 90s range since I came home Not really bad but not good either, higher than they were while I was in the hospital. I'm taking a bag in case they keep me Monday. I'm trying to tell myself if I take the bag I won't need it! Found out on the last day there that my potassium was 2.8 and that potassium IVFs really burn your vein up! Glad that I didn't get that until the end and the second bag was cut short d/t discharge. I was counting how many IV bags they hung on me (yes, I was bored) and I had a total of 7 lactated ringers and one normal saline with potassium and part of another . . . should not be dehydrated anymore!!! Baby is good . . . he sure loves to run from the nurses though, 20 minute NSTs always took way longer!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 12th, 2013, 11:00 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! You've been through a lot! I hope BP goes down so you don't have to worry about that.. but at least you are already at term if they do admit you again your baby should be ready. Keep us posted.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
July 12th, 2013, 11:46 PM
My C-section is already scheduled for the 22, just hoping I don't have to stay in the hospital any time between now and then.

Kind of had my feelings hurt because my mom said " are you going to get your tubes tied this time, so you don't have to deal with this again?" I did have pre E with my dd and had to stay in the hospital for a while before I had her . . . I know my mom is worried about me and baby, but we struggled with infertility for years before this pregnancy, so that remark stung.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited by Dirtroads; July 12th, 2013 at 11:50 PM.
July 13th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you had to be stuck in the hospital. :-/ but I'm glad you are finally home and baby is doing great Also, yay for being soooo close to having your little one!!!

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
July 13th, 2013, 06:20 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you are home and hopefully you can have a stress free few weeks.

July 13th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Pbear31's Avatar Super Mommy
Uh -- the 22nd is in 9 days! Holy Cow!

I feel like high bp/protein is a monkey on this DDC's back -= lots of ladies dealing with it

It sucks that you had to deal with a hospital stay, but awesome that baby is still baking and hopefully you can keep trucking!
July 13th, 2013, 08:46 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you are going through this the good thing is you are 37 weeks, so if they do take the baby due to pre-e, you should be okay. Did they take any blood work for you?
July 13th, 2013, 09:27 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Stay put baby! Hopefully your BP stays down. Drink water!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
July 13th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Yes, they took blood but the only results of that that anyone mentioned was the low potassium. I know they did a type and cross in case they had to do the C-section.

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 13th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
So glad you're home now! Hopefully Monday's appointment goes well.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search