Random swelling

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone else just randomly wake up swollen sometimes?

Typically my swelling (ankles only most of the time) only occurs in the heat if I've been on my feet for awhile.

this morning I woke up and my ankles are swollen... after laying in bed for hours. So weird! Maybe I drank too much water yesterday? lol

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

July 13th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's weird, but I think it means you need to drink MORE water!

July 13th, 2013, 12:23 PM
round2t's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wake up with hand swelling all the time, even if I just take a quick nap I get up and my hands feel super tight. I'm dealing with carpal tunnel horribly though (knock on wood it goes away as soon as I have this kid because not being able to grip my darn toothbrush is somewhat... ok, completely... ridiculous).

There were a few days I've woken up with super swollen feet but usually it's just when it's hot in our room the night before... and it goes away relatively quickly for me for a number of hours, then randomly will fluff back up toward the end of the day.

Fun stuff!

July 13th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Super Mommy
I agree drink more water. I was swelling in my hands and feet despite drinking what I thought was enough... But when I started drinking water all day abou double what I had been. The swelling is gone and I feel better.
July 13th, 2013, 01:03 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Drinking more does help.. If not enough, the body will think you are dehydrated and retain it. I usually wake up less swollen in my feet and ankles but still swollen but more swollen in my face and hands.. then through the day, the feet/ankles tend to get worse no matter what I do. No fun... also, heat does make it ten times worse!

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search