37 week appointment--disappointed

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I had my 37 week appointment this morning. This was the first time I've been checked for dialation and he said I'm not really dialated but I am softening. He didn't say if I'm effaced or how low baby is, but that her head is pretty low. I was REALLY hoping to be dilated since I have been having so much pressure and 24/7 BH... But oh well...

Also my doctor will be gone the week I'm 39 weeks so hope she decides to come either before or after that.
July 16th, 2013, 09:39 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry your disappointed and it seems like nothing is happening. I haven't been checked yet.. but, if nothing is going on I will probably feel the same way. Mostly because I usually go past my due date and I don't want to be induced!!!

Remember though, that just because there are no changes doesn't mean it can't happen suddenly. That's not really the way labor works. It doesn't happen gradually over many week (in the majority of cases)... you only have a few more weeks.. hang in there!!
Jenilope likes this.

July 16th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've still got a few weeks to go before we start checking.

I hope things start progressing for you soon! We need our babies!!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

July 16th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I remember that disappointment with my first. I was convinced at the end that I would be pregnant FOREVER. Seriously, convinced that I would be the first person in history to just be pregnant and feel crummy forever. The day before my due date OB said my cervix was high and firm and closed (they were checking because I had low fluid at a scan 3 days before and they were going to attempt induction if the fluid was still low) so I was already a "bad" candidate for induction, and then found out that the fluid levels were fine and the tech acted like it was a GOOD thing when she told me "your baby looks very happy and could hang out in there for a few more weeks." I literally started crying, went home, and sat in the bath moping for HOURS until DH took me out to dinner and a movie to try to improve my mood. Labor started that night and she was here the next day before dinner.

So, not progressing now doesn't mean labor won't start tomorrow! You're almost there!

Mom to four beautiful girls

July 16th, 2013, 01:25 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, the good news is that dilation can happen very quickly or last for weeks.. so, just her being low is a good sign.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
July 16th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Innogen's Avatar Regular
Stay positive!! Positivity opens the cervix and things can change quickly

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search