35 week appointment update

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Veteran
Just got back from an OB appointment that was a follow up to the appointment I had on Friday. On Friday my BP was a little elevated (132/85) and I had 3+ protein in my urine sample at the doctor's office. Still having a ridiculous amount of swelling but nothing worse than it's been. No headaches or vision issues either. The doctor had me do another 24 hour urine collection on Saturday (my baby shower of all days!) and they drew some blood work.

Luckily the test results came back good today. My urine protein level was 245 (less than 300 is normal during pregnancy) and all of my blood work was normal. The doctor checked the swelling in my feet and it's 3+ right now. I feel like I'm walking around on stumps. Starting to swell some in my hands too and my face looks a bit puffy. Blood pressure today was good though (120/71) and he said to just keep checking it and if it spikes or I start feeling crummy to call them right away.

Baby was doing great though... measuring ahead right now at 37 weeks and his heart rate was 163. The doctor also did my GBS test (thank goodness that's done!) and I go back in a week. I can't believe how close we're getting!
July 16th, 2013, 04:26 PM
soaringphoenix's Avatar Mother Reborn
Oh no, not during your baby shower! That sucks. But glad you had a good follow up appt.
July 16th, 2013, 04:40 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im so glad you have doctors that seemed concerned! My BP has been higher than yours and still is.. also swelling and have a headache and saw spots sometimes but they seem ok with it.

Baby sounds like he is doing well!! Everything sounds good. I hope you aren't so miserable with the swelling.. and yes SOOOOO close!!

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search