Footling breech

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Dandelion
  • 2 Post By UrbanMomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I electively paid for a 3D ultrasound too. Partially so my kids could see baby but mostly so I knew what position my baby is in. He's a footling breech and he's pretty squished up in there. I have my 34 appt on Monday so ill talk to my doctor then. What's the likely hood he'll turn this late being in the position he is in?

Add pictures when I get access to my computer later! Oh and he has the sweetest squishy cheeks!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

July 17th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think they can still switch position around 34-36 weeks at least. Not too sure though? Glad you were able to see him though! Bet the kids loved it. can't wait to see pictures.
alittlelost likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
July 17th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Veteran
Riley was a footling breech at her 29 week and 32 week elective ultrasounds (got a rescan for free since she hid her face...STILL couldn't see her at the second one that little stinker). Based on her movements and where I feel a giant hard lump in my upper abdomen, I'm fairly confident she hasn't moved. I have an anterior placenta covering most of her face so I think that's impeding her movements, despite my best tricks to get her to turn. When I spoke to my OB at my 34 week check up she said that the majority of babies who would have moved usually have done so by 34 weeks. She said it's not unheard of for babies to move past then or even past 36 weeks, but the chances get slimmer every day and it's more rare than not.

I have my 36 week appointment this Monday and we'll be checking on her position then (and possibly scheduling a C-section if she hasn't moved). I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
July 17th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You still have time for baby to turn. I would try some things to try to get him to turn. A few of the ladies recommended spinningbabies.com
I don't think drs are too concerned with the position until 36 weeks or so tho.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggy!

July 17th, 2013, 10:12 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I had a baby that was transverse at 40w and head down the next morning. I think you still have time. I, too, have heard spinningbabies works.
Jenilope and alittlelost like this.
#12 is on the way
July 17th, 2013, 10:30 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
*lurking*

My oldest DD was footling breech from about 27 weeks. Babies can definitely turn after that, but I was told that footling breech babies are less likely to turn than transverse babies.

I was not a candidate for ECV, but my doctor did suggest that I see a chiropractor. The Webster Technique can be used by a chiropractor to encourage your baby to turn. I went twice a week, and though my baby didn't turn, it did relieve a lot of hip pain that I had been having. I was glad I tried everything I could to avoid the c-section...you might want to ask about it!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

July 17th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll definitely ask about chiro care when I see my doctor. I've been googling Footling breech too and seems it could go either way. I guess we'll take the wait and see approach. Meanwhile, I'll be doing some spinning baby techniques in hopes they work!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

July 17th, 2013, 11:21 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto the other ladies. There is still time. do spinning babies, peppermint, ice, and music.
July 17th, 2013, 11:41 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it is possible for him to turn, but it is getting cramped in there. I hope you get some good news at your OB appt.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
July 17th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Try not to worry, still plenty of time to turn. At 33 weeks this baby was head down, turned transverse the next day, footling at 34 weeks, transverse on the other side 4 days later, head down for about a day and is transverse again right now (35w) and I'm not worried, she's just an active little thing.

My 1st was transverse at EVERY check from 17w to 36.5w when she finally turned head down. And, like UM said, some don't even turn until labor!

I used some Spinning Babies techniques with my first. I don't know if it worked or if it was just a coincidence. I do know this one likes to drastically change positions every time I swim. After 37 weeks I'll spend some more time bouncing on my ball trying to get her to engage when/if she goes head down, but I am not too worried about it unless I get to the point that I'm in real labor and she's still poorly positioned.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search