Have a c-section scheduled

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Super Mommy
Both babies have been breech for a while, but they had lots of room to move so they did change positions pretty frequently.
At my ultrasound 3 weeks ago (31 weeks), baby boy was transverse and baby girl was breech. They warned me then that a Caesarian might be my only option, but not to stress because there was still the possibility of position change.
I had another growth check ultrasound yesterday, and both babies are completely breech now, and pretty squished in there lol. They still might move, but we scheduled a c-section for August 9th. If baby boy is head down that day (he's lower than baby girl), they will just induce me and deliver vaginally.

I am ok having a c-section, though. I had a vaginal delivery with DS, so I feel more comfortable with it and am a little nervous about a c-section, but firstly I want healthy happy babies.

Baby boy is estimating at 5 lbs 7 oz and baby girl is estimating 5 lbs 6 oz. Both are looking really good and seem to be doing well!

A little over 3 weeks, and I will have babies! SO excited!
mamalamb, Husher, Jenilope and 8 others like this.
July 17th, 2013, 11:18 PM
MamaRuth2011's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaRuth2011
I have my 3rd C-section on Tuesday, July 23rd.
Bookreader likes this.

*Thanks to Kiliki for my siggy*

(thanks to C&K'sMomma)
July 17th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Super Mommy
Mamaruth, any advice? Like I said I'm nervous about a c-section, mostly because it is completely new territory for me.
Any "no one warned me about that!!!" things you can think of? I always feel more comfortable about something when I know as much as possible, so share away.
July 17th, 2013, 11:36 PM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
I will have my third csection on Aug 5... never twins but all the same a healthy baby is what is important

July 18th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Mommy of 3
Good luck ladies

July 18th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
good luck! Sounds like you guys have a great plan in place!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

July 18th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
best of luck with everything!

July 18th, 2013, 05:51 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I have had two sections. Both times the anesthesia made me sick. For 24 hours after each csection I had hot/cold flashes, the shakes and vomiting. Hopefully that does NOT happen to you. It was really awful.
#12 is on the way
July 18th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Good luck and yay for big healthy twins!
Bookreader likes this.

July 18th, 2013, 10:07 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad they are both looking good and big. One of my twins (baby A) flipped breech at 35 weeks and never flipped back down necessitating a C-section. All in all, I had a good C-section experience.

My tip is to get up as soon as they want you to and walk. That really helped with recovery. Take your pain meds on a schedule, even if you don't think you need them, for the first week. After that I pretty much didn't need anything.
Bookreader likes this.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
July 18th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Super Mommy
UrbanMomma, did they do a full spinal block or just an epidural?
Soccermama, thanks for the advice. This is totally new territory for me!
July 18th, 2013, 11:41 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
*lurking c-section and twin Mama, just didn't have the c-section with the twins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermamatomany View Post
My tip is to get up as soon as they want you to and walk. That really helped with recovery. Take your pain meds on a schedule, even if you don't think you need them, for the first week. After that I pretty much didn't need anything.
I second this advice! The first time I got out of bed was horrific, but each time got better and better...have someone help you and take it slow. Also, taking a shower seemed impossible, but do it as soon as you can...you'll feel SO much better.

If they offer you stool softeners, take them until you know that things are working. When you have to cough or sneeze, hold a pillow tightly over your incision, otherwise it feels like your insides might fall out.

Finally, congrats on baking such big, healthy babies! You should be super-proud!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

July 18th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks, KMH! I hope I remember the tip about using a pillow over the incision when I sneeze. I didn't even think of that!
I'm very, very grateful that these babes are growing so big. My dr warned me when we found out they were fraternal that they wouldn't limit one another's weight and size. (DS was 9 lb, 21 inches)
She also warned me, though, that the likelihood I would reach term was almost zero. So, I'm really grateful that everything has gone so smoothly and that these babies are staying put and baking!
July 18th, 2013, 03:29 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Honestly I have no idea. That's awful. I am not even sure what the difference is between spinal block or epidural. I do know that quite a few people in my family are sensitive to anesthesia. I don't think my experience is normal.
#12 is on the way
July 18th, 2013, 03:40 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I also had horrible shaking after both the c-section (spinal block) and VBAC (only a shot of narcotics before they used the forceps) and was told that it was related to the sudden changes in hormones, not a reaction to any drug.

Melissa & DH

July 18th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Super Mommy
When I had DS I had severe shaking afterward as well, but it was only for about an hour. I didn't have any other problems. I had an epidural with DS and responded to it well. I'm not sure the difference between an epidural and a spinal block either. My dr and a couple of my friends have just talked about them like separate entities. I am sure I'll find out at my next appointment.
KMH, your twins were VBAC?!?!? That is totally awesome. How far along were you when your twins were born?
July 18th, 2013, 04:47 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Yes, the spinal and epidural are different. I don't remember exactly how they are different, but as the patient you really don't feel any difference. I had the spinal for my c-section, and with the twins I had to have the epidural placed but didn't have to have meds in it...they just wanted it available in case they had to do an emergency c-section. It was basically the same procedure to insert them both in your back.

Yes, the twins were a VBAC. I got lucky that one of the OBs on call when I delivered was very pro-VBAC and encouraged me to go for it. I was 33w1d at delivery...George was 4lbs12oz and Abigail was 4lbs7oz.

I hope that whatever kind of birth you have, it goes smoothly for you and the babies!

Melissa & DH

July 18th, 2013, 06:59 PM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having my 2nd c-section on August 12th
Bookreader likes this.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

July 19th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks, KMH! Can I ask how long your twins were in the hospital before they came home?
July 19th, 2013, 08:57 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
The twins were in the NICU for 28 days. They had no major health issues at all, thank goodness! Their main issue was one all preemies have...they couldn't coordinate the suck-swallow-breathe routine necessary to eat, so they had to stay to eat and gain weight. They also each spent a couple of days under the bili lights for jaundice.

Abigail could have left the NICU a few days sooner, but since they had room available, we just kept her there until George was ready to come home. I was living at the hospital (they let me use a room and live there like it was a hotel), so it was much easier to have them both in the same place.

LOL, sorry for the long, rambling answers

Melissa & DH

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search