Nesting

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs
  • 1 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 1 Post By 4littleloves
  • 2 Post By round2t
  • 1 Post By yvee80

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
With this being our 4th girl in 5 years, there really isn't much left to do to get ready, but I've been bit hard by the nesting bug today. And since I'm supposed to be on bed rest, that's a bit of a challenge. I rearranged the carseats to make room for baby's and washed all the clothes and linens and spruced up the swing and bassinet and washed the bath and made my shopping list for the pharmacy. Pretty much all that's left is having DH haul the furniture around to where it goes and finishing knitting the blanket I'm working on.

Anyone else suddenly hit with the "time to get ready. NOW!" urge?

Mom to four beautiful girls

Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (11 months)

July 18th, 2013, 12:03 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope. This is the worst I've ever had it. I've always felt rushed like I need to get everything ready. I am the complete opposite this time. Ah.. got plenty of time!!!!
UrbanMomma likes this.

July 18th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Mommy of 3
On Monday (maybe Tuesday, I can't remember) I tidied up the big kids room, scrubbed the bath tub and bathroom, cleaned all the counters in kitchen and cleaned floors and dusted in living room. I've done nothing since lol

July 18th, 2013, 02:04 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
There isn't much to do, and what there is to do, it is too hot to do. I don't feel urgent about anything. I did wash my bag I use as a diaper bag though.

oh hey, love the pic of the girls too!!!
Jenilope likes this.
#12 is on the way
July 20th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Veteran
Me! Last week I got some energy and made the most of it. I started rearranging the boys rooms since they all needed to move over one room,pulling out small clothes and making space for little girl things. Now baby girls room is ready with closet and drawer space, but I still have to tackle going through all her gifts, washing them, getting the carseat out and packing a hosp bag.
I have never waited this long before (35+ wks) to start preparing for baby. I am freaking now though that she will come before a single thing is ready so I am working on it everyday.
yvee80 likes this.

Lanae: Mommy to Ethan, Will, Alex and Surprise baby GIRL due August 15, 2013!

July 20th, 2013, 07:30 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YES it hit me hard this week.

July 20th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Jen71's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm feeling like I have to get it all done this week! I got the baby clothes out of storage, and will wash and put them in drawers tomorrow. I have to pack my hospital bag and make my belly cast, then I'll be set!

July 20th, 2013, 09:25 PM
round2t's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go through phases - either I am super lazy or I get an energy burst... however my energy burst tends to be the need to clean or organize something unrelated to baby or anything really, and I end up trashing the entire house while trying to complete a simple task (like rearranging the kitchen cupboards? Who does that?)

This morning I was up at the crack of dawn and had the need to set up a shelf for our shoes by the door - ended up destroying the whole living room. However, that little 4'X4' square looks nice now I just have a hard time cleaning up my own messes when I make them while cleaning something else up. Ridiculous, lol
Jenilope and yvee80 like this.

July 20th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Veteran
lol, I've been doing that too.
I started cleaning the kitchen this week and then went around touching up nicks in the cabinets with paint. Like I really need that done when this baby doesn't have a single thing ready!!

Lanae: Mommy to Ethan, Will, Alex and Surprise baby GIRL due August 15, 2013!

July 21st, 2013, 12:17 AM
Super Mommy
Mentally I want to nest but I have been working 48 hrs a week so I have not had the time or energy
July 21st, 2013, 12:28 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
I have spurts, my mom on the other hand who lives 25 minutes away but has decided to move in from last week until baby comes (YAY) has been cleaning and cooking everything...i keep telling her she doesn't have too but she does it anyway...i think the nesting bug jumped off of me and buried itself under her skin lol !
Jenilope likes this.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search