35 wks 6 days appointment (1cm dilated!)

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By sara831

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2013, 06:07 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
I went to my appointment today, I had my NST first and the doctor said it was really good. I got my induction date, August 9th. He did the strep B test. Then he checked to see if I was dilating bc I started losing my plug on Monday, and he said that I was 1cm dilated which he said was kind of early for a 1st time mom and there is a chance I might not make it to my induction date... However he said some women stay 1cm for awhile! Also, I was measuring 1/2 a week behind.. Which is weird cause for th past two months I was measuring 1/2 a week ahead. I have a two vessel cord and I read around 35/36 weeks these babies growth can slow.. So idk if hers is! The doctor wasn't concerned at all, though. But good appt! Praying my results are negative!
sharilyn and ElliotsMommy13 like this.
July 18th, 2013, 07:31 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a great appointment! Hope you get lucky and go early! Are they inducing because of the 2 vessel cord?

July 18th, 2013, 08:16 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow. That's not very far away! You don't have long to wait

July 18th, 2013, 09:14 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
Ya.. I don't really want to have her too early but I think I would rather go early on my own than induction!

And no, it's not cause of the two vessel cord. It's cause we live 95 miles from the hospital and my doctor doesn't want us speeding down the highway at 90 miles an hour if I go in labor.
July 20th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Veteran
I agree with the part about women being 1cm for awhile. I know it gets us all excited hearing that progress is being made but it's definitely not an indication of labor happening soon for many of us.
Hopefully your little one will decide to come on her own before the induction date though. You still have a few weeks, crossing my fingers for you.

Lanae: Mommy to Ethan, Will, Alex and Surprise baby GIRL due August 15, 2013!

July 21st, 2013, 05:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a good appt!!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: