Isabel's heart

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jen71

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2013, 07:28 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Isabel has a heart murmur. She also has an extra vessel between her heart and lungs (or something, I really couldn't follow what they were explaining and I was too emotional to have them repeat it or get clarification). She will have to have regular follow ups with a cardiologist until we can determine what this means for her and what, if anything, needs to be done or can be done about this. They were also talking about blood count and how my blood type was incompatible with her and was attacking her in the womb by creating antibodies against her. I don't know if or how that relates to extra vessel. They made it sound all related. I'm so confused They did reassure me that her heart itself is fine, it's just this extra vessel that may be a problem, and I don't really know what kind of a problem.

Last edited by alittlelost; July 19th, 2013 at 07:32 AM.
July 19th, 2013, 07:37 AM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
Hang in there Lost. I know we don't like to hear things about our children but they generally sound worst than they turn out to be :-). Were you rh negative and if so did you get rhogam shots? I am b- so with all my pregnancies anytime I bleed or spot and then at 28 weeks I must get the shot becauseof possible incompatibility.
I hope things get better soon and isabel gets to go home... home makes everyone feel better

July 19th, 2013, 07:42 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
(((hugs))) They throw so much at you at one time it is hard to keep up. My second son had a murmur when he was born (but no extra vessel) and his cleared up on its own by the time he was 2.

The blood issue while you were pregnant, was it the rh factor? Or whatever that is? I have never dealt with it and don't know much about it. How come they didn't realize it?

I'm sorry you have even more to deal with now. Thoughts and continued prayers for you and Isabel!
#12 is on the way
July 19th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
((hugs))

Having a preemie comes with a whole set of issues and I imagine its so overwhelming! I'll be praying/thinking about you guys as you find your new "normal".

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

July 19th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Not RH factor and nothing I got a shot for. It's because I'm O+ and she's A+. So I guess if I were A+ and she were O+ it would be fine, but since it was the other way around, it's not fine?
July 19th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry about Isabel's heart It does sound very overwhelming and confusing. I'm O+ also (isn't it a fairly common type?) and I've never been told I could be incompatible with my children.

Please keep us updated as you get more information. Hopefully this is something that resolves itself.

Big HUGS

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
July 19th, 2013, 08:20 AM
I could donate blood to her no problem. The problem is I can't TAKE blood from anyone unless they are O. (O+ can give blood to A+ but not the other way around) so when I had her A+ blood in my body (and maybe this has something to do with the placenta problem that caused my pre-e?) basically my body was like "This can't be here" and was trying to protect me against it by creating antibodies that were attacking her somehow. It's all confusing to me
July 19th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Veteran
Aww, I'm sorry Lost. I know this information isn't what you wanted/needed to hear right now. Thinking of you and Isabel and hoping it all resolves on it's own or at the very least it doesn't cause her any problems. Big hugs!
July 19th, 2013, 09:35 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish you would catch a break.

I am so sorry to hear about Isabel's heart, but it sounds like her overall heart health is good and she will just need to be followed up for these couple of issues. I hope you can find the silver lining in all this. I know it's hard. Hang in there.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
July 19th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Thanks ladies I called the doctor for more information, since I was so confused after our conversation. He said it's a small aorta pulmonary collateral. It will not go away on its own but they can't tell yet if its problematic and needs to be fixed or if its just a harmless variance. They will reassess when Isabel is 3 months old. The resolution, if it's creating a problem, seems to be surgery. Hoping for good news about this 2 months from now!
July 19th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Jhendrickson's Avatar Veteran
Hoping some good news will come your way with all of this. I know how it feels to have issues continue to hit you! Sorry you're having to go through all this.
July 19th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I'm hoping for good news for you in 2 months, as well. I can only imagine how scary the news was, but it sounds like there are reasons to be hopeful.

Mom to four beautiful girls

July 19th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Super Mommy
Here's hoping for a healing 2 months!

July 19th, 2013, 06:25 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
I'm sorry. I know it's hard to have the unknown to worry about with your baby. Sending positive thoughts that the appointment in a couple months brings good news.

July 20th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Jen71's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh wow... I hope it turns out to be ok.

I had O- and my sons both have A- (my hubby is A-). My first was fine, but by my 2nd my body must have developed antibodies. He had jaundice and some possible small seizures at birth. Luckily he's just fine at 5 years old. Extremely active, but just fine. anyhow, I hope the extra valve doesn't cause issues. It's amazing how the body adapts.
alittlelost likes this.

July 20th, 2013, 07:46 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hopefully it doesn't cause any problems for her!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
July 20th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Veteran
Well hopefully the clarification from the dr helped calm your nerves a little? I will pray for a good report at the 3 month checkup.
I have 3 boys A+ and I am O+.
Birthing my third son was the first time we had problems. He was very jaundiced and they made him spent the first day under the bili lights and I was only to take him out to nurse. It was torture .. he was undressed, flailing his arms, had goggles on, and was crying most of the time he was in there. I stood at his side holding his hands trying to console him but then ended up nursing and holding him for longer then they suggested when we were alone because I couldn't stand it. I was completely exhausted when we left the hosp.
Everything was fine with him in the end, no longlasting issues. I am sure hoping i don't have this problem again with baby girl though.

Lanae: Mommy to Ethan, Will, Alex and Surprise baby GIRL due August 15, 2013!

July 21st, 2013, 05:35 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
((Hugs)) and prayers.Two of my babies were coombs positive because of my blood type attacking theirs, I'm O+. They just had jaundice really bad.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search