frustrating comments.

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By mirdeemrlvs
  • 2 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 2 Post By mirdeemrlvs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2013, 05:05 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know people mean well.. BUT, STILL !!! ugh.. was at the store today and ran into two ladies I know who asked me when I am due.. I said "5 weeks, well, 35 days sounds better" and they both laughed and said , "oh my gosh, 35 LONG days!! "... I laughed and said , "your not making it any better"... I tried to be lighthearted but, it really bothers me when people say stuff like that!! I mean- I am already REALLY struggling with the fact that I have to go 5 more weeks and I already feel so bad, but I DONT need other people saying stuff like that to me!!!

When I see women at the end of their pregnancy and I ask them when they are due, even if they are HUGE and say they have 3 months left, I calmly respond with something like, "oh, that's just around the corner" or, "you don't have long now"....

I WISH PEOPLE WOULD GET A CLUE!!!!!!

I seriously want to lock myself in my house until she's born. I've already gotten two phone calls asking if the baby was born and I know it gets worse as it gets closer. I don't even answer the phone!!!
yvee80 and mom2K&G like this.

July 20th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Super Mommy
Ugh. People really can be pretty ridiculous and unhelpful. It drives me crazy when people assume how you are feeling.
I really try to have a positive attitude when people ask about my pregnancy/ how I'm feeling/etc, because we really are VERY grateful for these little lives coming to our family. But it's like people have to throw a negative spin on everything I say. A couple weeks ago, after an acquaintance asked how I was feeling and I told her I was doing really well, she actually responded with, "So, in other words, you're feeling totally horrible and just don't want to say it."
Thanks. Thanks for all your understanding. Do I really look that horrible? :/
July 20th, 2013, 05:51 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I have 2-4 weeks left and people are driving me crazy too with stupid comments. Some people really don't have a clue.

I just saw a lady at the store tonight that I know through my husband and she says "Oh you got HUGE!" I wanted to say "yeah, but still not as huge as you" since she is a rather large lady and she's NOT pregnant. Really I am not even that big, I have only gained 14 pounds!!!
yvee80 and KeLLiC09 like this.
#12 is on the way
July 20th, 2013, 06:12 PM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
People just don't get it. Some people don't think before they speak.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

July 20th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Super Mommy
Awwww I'm so sorry!! That was so rude of them and they don't even realize it! Seriously I say this all the time that people do NOT have social skills when it comes to talking to pregnant women... think before you speak! I would have been rude to them if it were me but that's bc I have NO filter anymore lol I haven't gotten any phone calls yet but I have had a few people on my Facebook asking if baby was here yet or geez have that baby already.. that one was my favorite. I know them mean well but it bothers me so much too! Like people think we would have our babies and not tell anyone.. come on now what the heck!

July 20th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookreader View Post
Ugh. People really can be pretty ridiculous and unhelpful. It drives me crazy when people assume how you are feeling.
I really try to have a positive attitude when people ask about my pregnancy/ how I'm feeling/etc, because we really are VERY grateful for these little lives coming to our family. But it's like people have to throw a negative spin on everything I say. A couple weeks ago, after an acquaintance asked how I was feeling and I told her I was doing really well, she actually responded with, "So, in other words, you're feeling totally horrible and just don't want to say it."
Thanks. Thanks for all your understanding. Do I really look that horrible? :/
Yeah.. I think sometimes it doesn't matter what people say, it can still irritate me. Even when people comment on how "good" I look- I don't believe them! I think they are saying it just to be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPenguin4 View Post
Awwww I'm so sorry!! That was so rude of them and they don't even realize it! Seriously I say this all the time that people do NOT have social skills when it comes to talking to pregnant women... think before you speak! I would have been rude to them if it were me but that's bc I have NO filter anymore lol I haven't gotten any phone calls yet but I have had a few people on my Facebook asking if baby was here yet or geez have that baby already.. that one was my favorite. I know them mean well but it bothers me so much too! Like people think we would have our babies and not tell anyone.. come on now what the heck!
Well, I think they meant well. They are also ladies from my church.. lol A woman I know and she has ZERO tact. She came up to me and said that SHE wished I was having a boy. Really??? It was when I was really struggling with having a girl. Another women asked when I was due and then asked if I was sure I wasn't having twins. I just said I didn't think I was that big.

This is such a tough part of pregnancy. Especially for those of us who aren't blessed with tiny little bodies with tiny little bumps.
yvee80 and Bookreader like this.

July 20th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm getting comments "oh you're so tiny, are you sure you're due in 3 weeks?".

Well duh yes I'm positive since I'm fertile myrtle and know the date I conceived, since there's no trying involved!!

July 20th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colliekat View Post
I'm getting comments "oh you're so tiny, are you sure you're due in 3 weeks?".

Well duh yes I'm positive since I'm fertile myrtle and know the date I conceived, since there's no trying involved!!
I guess it can be frustrating for you, but I wish I had that problem

July 21st, 2013, 12:22 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
I have had a few my entire pregnancy and right now i pick and choose who I respond to because i have such verbal diarrhea right now it takes too much energy for me to stop it from coming out lol! When it does come out i let them have it lol and walk away !

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
July 21st, 2013, 12:31 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I'm due next week and no one asks me when I'm due. I guess I don't look huge enough.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search