carseat roulette

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Colliekat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Geeze I forgot how much I hate infant car seats. I discovered tonight my jeep only has latch accommodation for two kids to ride outboard. I'm not happy about this as I wanted my 4 yr old in the middle as she's most vulnerable. I may see if I can do it with the seatbelt and see if I can get it to fit. I was too pissed to try it tonight.

So I finally get situated with the seats and then it takes another hour to get the **** level on the infant seat to show only blue. Add to the fact it's 100 degrees outside and I was swearing my head off tonight. Had to use two rolled up washcloths to get the darn position right.

Absolutely hate infant seats!

July 21st, 2013, 12:15 AM
Super Mommy
I am glad you posted this cause now we will make sure we figure ours out sooner than later. Lol.
July 21st, 2013, 05:28 AM
Jen71's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes! I have to figure out mine too! How 3 carseats are going to fit in my car is beyond me.

July 21st, 2013, 08:21 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Ugh, doing that in the heat would have made me crazy, too! I remember trying to figure it out when we hit kid #3, our highlander only has latch on the outboard positions, too.

We ended up with the 2 older ones in radians on the outboard positions and the infant seat secured with the seatbelt in the middle because the hump in the middle made the radians not fit properly right next to each other. I didn't love the set up and I HATED the Radians, but at least they were safe. Now we're adding #4!

Thankfully, the seatbelt installation IS safe. And, depending on your 4 year old's weight, maybe safer. Most LATCH systems have a 60lb limit (the weight of the seat plus the weight of the child) before they risk failing in a collision, so with the bigger kids it's often better to use the seat belt anyway. Hope that helps ease your frustration a little!

July 21st, 2013, 01:57 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
We currently have a tiny, old junker of a Korean car (it is not worth driving a nice car here, and little cars are much easier to get around and park in the city). You can sure bet there is no LATCH! I haven't installed it yet--that should happen next weekend as I figure a month out is plenty of time--but I'm guessing the front passenger seat will be all the way forward to make room for our hulk of a convertible seat. Not looking forward to the installation process, but at least we shouldn't have to do it again for a long time because I'm not planning on taking it out.
July 21st, 2013, 08:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok I braved the heat tonight and moved Maddie to the middle using the seatbelt. I was able to get a secure fit, so I'm happier with the configuration. Now I just hope that Maddie doesn't mess with the baby being right beside her!
Jenilope likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search