Emotional and scared

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By cameronzmom
  • 1 Post By Jenilope
  • 1 Post By Fins
  • 1 Post By Colliekat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2013, 07:37 AM
Jhendrickson's Avatar Veteran
I just have to vent,ladies. This pregnancy has just been one obstacle after another. I'm young, healthy, and can't imagine why all of this has to happen to me. I know it could be so much worse, but all the combined worries are just exhausting emotionally. First, we thought we were both carriers for cystic fibrosis, but turns out it was just me. One bullet dodged. Second, his kidneys have pylectasis and ats a soft marker for Down's syndrome. But, my results came back very positive that I was not at risk to have a baby with downs. Doctor wasn't concerned. Second bullet dodged. Finally, they found the varix, the dilation of the umbilical cord. That ensued test after test, twice weekly, and pre-term delivery. Now I am having an amnio done next week with immediate induction. None of this is what I expected. I also still worry that there is some chance the baby will have downs and that terrifies me. I'm sorry if this sounds insensitive. I just need some reassurance that those first trimester screenings are usually correct.
July 22nd, 2013, 08:30 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry hon We found out with our first that I was a carrier for CF but thankfully my husband was not. So I know how scary that is. We also had the down syndrome scare! And then, of course, the who pre-e thing I went through. It seems us August Mamas just can't catch a break
Jhendrickson likes this.
July 22nd, 2013, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope things work out for the best ((hugs)) cant imagine the emotions youre experiencing. I'll continue to pray for you and your little one!
Jhendrickson likes this.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

July 22nd, 2013, 09:48 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try not to worry. So many tests come out negative once baby is born. Tests aren't fail proof and worrying doesn't help. I know it's hard not to. HUGS!!!! Good news is you might be meeting your baby soon!

July 22nd, 2013, 09:51 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hoping for the best for you and baby. I am also trusting my test results that my baby is just fine. I am worried because of my age.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
July 22nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I'm so sorry you're having to worry about all this. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for nothing but the best. Hugs!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

July 22nd, 2013, 12:14 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
(((hugs))) I hope you're holding your healthy baby, soon! Out of curiosity, why are they doing the amnio at all if they're inducing immediately after either way?

July 22nd, 2013, 02:18 PM
Jhendrickson's Avatar Veteran
They are doing the amnio to check for lung maturity on Monday ...they will only immediately induce if lungs are mature. If they aren't, they will do two days of steroids and induce on Wednesday.
July 22nd, 2013, 04:38 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Ok, I understand. We had to do that with dd2. The tests did come back really fast (they ran them at my hospital's on-site lab, it was just a few hours) but her lungs weren't mature yet, We induced about 5 days later, but without a second amnio because the condition I had necessitating delivery had gotten to the point that she would have been safer out than in, regardless of lung maturity.
She was totally fine and the induction went smoothly. I pray the same for you!
Jhendrickson likes this.

July 22nd, 2013, 08:34 PM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
((hugs)). My baby has the enlarged kidneys too and they scared me to death with the soft marker. I am also hoping and praying that my tests are correct from the scans and the blood test. I know how stressful it is and you've had a lot more on your plate! I'm sure everything is going to be fine and soon you will have your little one in your arms.
Jhendrickson likes this.

July 22nd, 2013, 09:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs to you. I know it's worrying for you but usually the screening tests are very accurate. You will soon have your sweet baby in your arms.
Jhendrickson likes this.

July 23rd, 2013, 07:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
praying for the best! ~hugs~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search