Could use baby arrival vibes!!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2013, 04:08 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I updated those of you on facebook already, but thought I'd update here, too.. Left my appointment this morning.. 1cm dilated and measuring 45weeks! She's guessing he will be in the 9lb range.. Eek..

I still have my appointment for a c-section on Friday that I can choose to cancel if I want to see how long he will go to try natural but at this point if he goes further than Friday, the likelyhood of having a c-section anyway is huge because of his size... I am miserable and dont want to go further than this and risk going into labor to resort in a c-section anyway..

Nothing is guaranteed now that a vaginal delivery would even work with him being so large.. but the best chance is to get him to come NOW.. soooo, hoping for some really great "lets have that baby" vibes by Friday!!

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
July 23rd, 2013, 04:59 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hoping you can get him to come on his own! Nipple stimulation works wonders. I did it with my first DD and that is what broke my water at 38 wks 2 days.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
July 23rd, 2013, 05:06 PM
I read nipple stimulation takes a very long time of doing it to get anything going.. I feel strange just locking myself in my bedroom for hours just grabbing at myself.. :/ But tonight I will see how it works.
yvee80 likes this.

July 23rd, 2013, 05:21 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a breast pump? Would pumping count the same as stimulating?

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

July 23rd, 2013, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sending you baby come now vibes!

July 23rd, 2013, 05:48 PM
Veteran
Thinking of you!!!!! I would try all the many labor inducing ideas out there---probably mostly walking. I would also try not to get to worried about his size. I say this for a number of reasons, including that prenatal measurements can be very off and that I also believe that our bodies usually produce babies that fit us. I know many women who have birthed very large babies naturally (10 and 11 pounds). Also, everyone has different desires, but if you want to try and give birth vaginally/naturally there is no reason not to. But being optimistic about your abilities is important! To be clear though I am one who ended up with a c-section. I tried for 26 hours to have my first son, but my placenta got infected and his heart was stopping so I had an emergency c-section after pushing 9 times. He was 9 lbs 3 ozs. I assume I will have another pretty large baby this time, but will try my best again to have him/her naturally!! Good luck to you however it goes.

Last edited by Ruthysb; July 23rd, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
July 23rd, 2013, 06:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck!! Id do lots of walking and really, if nipple stimulation should work, have at it lol!!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

July 23rd, 2013, 06:22 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Make yourself some eggplant parmesan, look up the labor inducing recipe. It isn't too hard to make and it tastes good. I tried it with my dd who was born in 2010, and I did have contractions after. Of course I was 42 weeks. LOL Of course after you eat that go with some fresh pineapple for dessert and then take a long walk and try the nipple stimulation. Maybe if you do all of it together it would work.

Anyway, I also just have to say if you really want to try to have the baby naturally then wait a bit longer. I weight estimate is just a guess, and they can be a good 2 lbs off. I had an 11 1/2 lb baby naturally at home. 9lbs isn't huge, five of mine have been over 9 lbs and born vaginally.

Good luck no matter what you decide works best for you.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
July 23rd, 2013, 06:30 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Good luck! I know we can all empathize with how miserable you can feel at the end.

I echo the sentiments about not worrying too much about the weight though. Mostly because stressing over it will just slow things down anyway. And they're allowed to be 2lbs off either way with an ultrasound, just measuring the belly can vary wildly at this stage based on position, maternal fat stores and your fluid levels that day. They were 2lbs off with my 3rd, she wasn't even 7lbs and I worried for over a week about her being too big!

July 23rd, 2013, 06:47 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I really hope he comes sooner fr you. My first was an unexpected 9 lbs 10 oz. it wasn't easy to push him out, but I did it. Fingers crossed you have an easy birth no matter how he arrives. Hugs!
ElliotsMommy13 likes this.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

July 23rd, 2013, 07:45 PM
Thanks Ladies!! Now that its 7pm its starting to cool off, going to take my iced raspberry leaf tea for a walk and Ill come back to shower then try the nipple stimulation thing. I do have a breast pump.. might google if people use that if its the same.. I dont know if I want to break it out yet.. but then I think I will finish the night with Evening Primrose Oil and wake up to walk again.. I want this baby to come and not be huge! Its good knowing other people can have big babies naturally.
Husher and 4littleloves like this.

July 23rd, 2013, 08:33 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you go into labor. I think he will be smaller than you expect since you are swollen. I also don't understand why they would do a csection instead if induce

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

A pump will be perfect or nipple stimulation. Do 10 minute on, ten off, 10 in, 10 off. Then wait 30-60 minutes and start again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
July 23rd, 2013, 09:35 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Sending baby arrival vibes!!! Hope to see pics of your handsome man soon!

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
July 24th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
I hope you go into labor. I think he will be smaller than you expect since you are swollen.
I hope so. Swelling has spread out more evenly now than just feet. Ill try more stuff in the morning.

Still no baby but spotty a tiny bit of pinkish brown I think from being checked.. But I'd like to believe something is happening. If I wasn't exhausted from lack of sleep I'd be trying it all now. Tomorrow I buy a pineapple.

July 24th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck hon, I really hope your little man comes on his own before Friday. Also, just like many other ladies said, try not to get yourself too worked up about his possible large size. Your body can do remarkable things and I definitely think it's worth a shot to try as long as there aren't any other reasons for a csection.

As for things that get labor going...I don't know much about that but I do know that about 3 hours after eating really spicy Thai food I went into labor with Chase.
waxzon likes this.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
July 24th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Are they still having you follow the GD diet, Melissa?

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

July 24th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husher View Post
Are they still having you follow the GD diet, Melissa?
No. They put me on metformin a couple weeks ago and had me monitor sugar levels daily. I do eat healthy for the most part and haven't changed diet much except cut out cereal and things have been under control. Diabetes runs strong in my family so thinking its just pregnancy spiking it and I'm fine to keep as I was.. Just no binge carbs (which I don't ever do) and less cereal.

July 24th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Melissa I've had GD with every pregnancy and was on insulin with the last two. My babies start to grow really big towards the end of pregnancy and my sugars get out of control. Happened every single time, regardless of how well I eat. Pregnancy does weird things to diabetics! The good news is that all my babies came out perfectly healthy with no blood sugar issues of their own

Anyways, hugs! Regardless of how Elliot decides to get here, I can't wait to "meet" him! Please keep us posted.
ElliotsMommy13 likes this.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
July 24th, 2013, 11:25 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
45 weeks? Are you sure it isn't twins? Juuuust kidding, I wanted to take a page out of the "Stupid Things Strangers Say to Pregnant Women" book

Good luck!!!

July 24th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFantasticFour View Post
45 weeks? Are you sure it isn't twins? Juuuust kidding, I wanted to take a page out of the "Stupid Things Strangers Say to Pregnant Women" book

Good luck!!!
Lol. My aunt said that o me like 3 times at my sisters weddin because she was too high an drunk o remember she said it.. In fact, she's said everything you shouldnt say and was the only one to do it. Lol. I'm glad she was the only one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search