Measuring behind? anyone else

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessmom
  • 1 Post By BeachMum
  • 1 Post By yvee80
  • 1 Post By cameronzmom
  • 1 Post By sara831
  • 1 Post By MyFantasticFour
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By Colliekat
  • 1 Post By soccermamatomany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Veteran
1st baby- 7.3lb, 2nd- 9.1lb, 3rd- 9.9lb
Was totally expected another large baby especially since I gained 50 lbs again
I've been measuring behind since 34 wks. Dr said I would get u/s if it continued, yet now has changed to saying +/- 2 wks is fine.
I have never measured behind, only on time or ahead, and really don't like this. Could it possibly be this baby girl will just be an average 7ish lbs and not huge like the last baby boy? I keep stressing about there not being enough fluid or something else being the cause.

Lanae: Mommy to Ethan, Will, Alex and Surprise baby GIRL due August 15, 2013!

July 26th, 2013, 05:28 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive been measuring behind for awhile but an ultrasound at 32 weeks showed she was right on track. Shes also way up in my ribs so I think that's why its harder to get a good measurement. I was measuring a whole month behind after measuring right on track. I measured ahead with 3 of the others and behind with 1. I havent gained much weight this time, only 23 lbs and have been at this weight for a month now as opposed to the 30+ lbs with the others

July 26th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Super Mommy
I am actually not sure how I am measuring last couple appointments she did not say. I was a little behind at about 30 weeks. My last pg I was 3 or 4 cm behind when I had my son. The nurses at the hospital were predicting a 5 lb baby. But he was 8! So who knows. Maybe baby is just positioned differently.
4littleloves likes this.
July 26th, 2013, 05:30 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Also keep in mind that baby's position plays a factor. If you're concerned, get an ultrasound. It will ease your mind. I was soooo worried until she did the ultrasound to check.
4littleloves likes this.

July 26th, 2013, 05:31 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Don't get yourself worked up over it, its common for people to measure behind and ahead throughout pregnacy. I measured behind with my first DD and have measured behind and right on track with this one. She may be a small baby you never know my first DD was small but healthy and no NICU stay. Don't stress (I know its easier said than done) no worries !
4littleloves likes this.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
July 26th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think my doctors ever mentioned measuring on time/behind so I'm guessing I'm measuring where I should. However, I've only gained about 12 lbs so I constantly worry about my LO having enough room in there. Could be why he's still breech now.

Will they do another ultrasound for you to ease your mind?
4littleloves likes this.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

July 26th, 2013, 06:49 AM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
I am! When the doctor first started measuring me I was 1 week ahead.. Then for several months I was always 1/2 a week ahead.. Now the past three weeks I went from 1/2 a week behind to a week! And actually had no change at all between last weeks and this weeks appointment. I hope she's growing!
4littleloves likes this.
July 26th, 2013, 07:32 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
I've measured three weeks behind at my last two visits (31 weeks and 35 weeks) but palpation (which tends to be more accurate than ultrasound) told my midwife that my fluid is VERY low because I suck at hydrating and my son is also the small side of normal...about 5 lbs at 35 weeks. I'm used to measuring small and having little babies though.
4littleloves likes this.

July 26th, 2013, 08:38 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Could be babies position. I measured 4 weeks behind every pregnancy except for this one (where my swelling was crazy) but my babies were all big for gestational age (except for this one haha!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
4littleloves likes this.
July 26th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been consistently measuring behind by 2-3 weeks ever since they started measuring fundal height. I had an ultrasound at 35 weeks and it showed that all was good with baby and fluid etc. She was an estimated 6lbs at that time. My first daughter was 7lbs 9oz and I gained 34lbs. With this baby girl, I am up by 26lbs and I think she will be smaller.

baby position also has a lot to do with how you are measuring
4littleloves likes this.

July 26th, 2013, 10:41 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really think it has to do with baby's position. The last two visits my doctor hasn't told me what I am measuring, just that it is good.

My girls have all been small (5lb range) so I would not be surprised if this one was also on the smaller side.
4littleloves likes this.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search