Anyone ever have a UTI during pregnancy??

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 1 Post By Jenilope

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2013, 11:17 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
I went to labor and delivery tonight (spent like 5 hours there) cause I had been having lots of cramping. They gave me an iv and I was hooked to the machine. Lab results showed I have a UTI (which the nurse said was the cause of the contractions). So, now they have to do some culture and see what antibiotic will work best. I hate taking medicines during pregnancy.. Blah. Anyone else had one before?? She said it wouldn't hurt the baby unless I got much sicker.
July 28th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Super Mommy
I had one in a previous pregnancy but very early on. First trimester. I took the medicine. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
July 29th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Super Mommy
I had one recently about a month ago it was extremely painful..... My stomach felt tender all the time. I took the antibiotics the doc prescribed for 7 days and the UTI was gone. My doctor reassured me that it was safe to take during pregnancy. However I don't remember the name of it. Hope this helps.

July 29th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i had one too in the first trimester of my pregnancy with my son, this pregnancy i didn't have one. but they gave me medicine when i was pregnant with my son and it cleared up. i know what you mean about taking meds while pregnant, i was sick 4 times this pregnancy and i didn't take anything my colds lasted 1 week and 1/2-2 weeks and i was miserable.

July 29th, 2013, 06:04 AM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
I have recurrent utis due to a kidney disease from my lupus. I started iff with amoxicillin for 7 days to clear it and I take macrobid daily for suppressiin until I deliver.

July 29th, 2013, 06:13 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Even if you don't want to take the meds (which I completely understand) I would for that, uti's left untreated can go to a kidney infection. Feel better! Uti's aren't fun.
Jenilope and Bookreader like this.
#12 is on the way
July 29th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I had one in 2nd trimester with DD2 and I agree with UM, even if you generally avoid meds, I'd take them for this, the UTI will not only become painful and continue to cause contractions it can also lead to kidney infection which can be much more serious. And the infection can cause a fever which isn't good for baby.

Hope you're feeling good soon!
UrbanMomma likes this.

Mom to four beautiful girls

July 29th, 2013, 11:41 AM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
Thanks, everyone! Ya, I will definitely take the med once I get prescribed one. Hopefully that's soon because these cramps and nausea are not pleasant.
July 29th, 2013, 12:04 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
That sounds horrible I'm sorry you're dealing with this so late on. I have had them before, but not during pregnancy.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

July 29th, 2013, 01:24 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
Thanks.. Ya I had a kidney infection and uti before.. And they suck no matter what but not pregnant I can deal with.. I hate having it pregnant!
July 29th, 2013, 02:23 PM
321abc
I pop in every now and then from September (due August 31)
I had several in my second trimester
They are awful!! I hear they are much more painful during pregnancy that they are otherwise. I went to the ER thinking I was miscarrying, I was buckled over in pain, vomiting, etc. if left untreated they can become a kidney infection so like the other ladies said, take the meds
Macrobid is common though I had a bad reaction with it. Keflex took care of mine.
There are some meds that aren't safe during the last trimester though.
Drink tons of water as well. My doc recommends at least 64 oz a day
July 29th, 2013, 04:51 PM
sara831's Avatar Veteran
Aw... Sorry you had so many! And yours sound very painful!! I had back pain... Cramping.. Lots of peeing but seriously thought it was pregnancy stuff!
Ya, I read online you can't take macrobid if you're 38-40 weeks or about to be in la or because it causes a dangerous anemia in babies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search