Fairly regular BH last night.

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2013, 09:17 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last night, I started getting BH contractions (while sitting and doing a crossword puzzle) they were coming every 5 minutes. I got up and walked around to see if they would stop, they were still coming, but I didn't time them. It continued until I fell asleep around 1:00. I woke up a little sore this morning. I didn't think they were real contractions, but- I was excited that it might turn into the real thing within the next 7-10 days (hoping)... I am always late, so I am trying to get things as ready as I can. I take RRLT tablets twice a day and have been doing so for a couple of weeks. I also try to do a few squats everyday. I need to get out walking though. I DON'T want to be induced and I don't want to go past my due date :-)

btw, yesterday I noticed an increase in discharge, but nothing major and no blood. I'm having contractions again this morning, but nothing regular yet. I am drinking water in case I am dehydrated.

Do you think it might turn into the real thing eventually? Has anyone had this happen where BH were regular?

Last edited by mirdeemrlvs; July 29th, 2013 at 09:48 AM.
July 29th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope its the start of early labor for you Good luck!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

July 29th, 2013, 11:31 AM
I'd like to add that 3 out of 4 of my children were late. My youngest was induced due to her sister being a large baby (9.2 lbs)..and getting stuck coming out. My second child was 2 weeks late and I was still induced!

So... even though I don't feel quite ready and I don't want her to come too early, I'm excited about what seems to be some progress?? Idk... am I just wishful thinking? :-)

July 29th, 2013, 11:58 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been having quite regular contractions and bh for awhile. Last week they were every 5 minutes. No baby yet. I had contractions constantly with the first 3 and contractions the last 4 weeks with #4 and he was still late. So you just never know.

July 29th, 2013, 12:47 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I hope it is the beginnings of getting something going for you.

I know what you mean about going past your edd. I have with seven of my ten. Not to rain on the parade but there is some evidence that moms who tend to go past their "due date" usually continue with that pattern. I am "due" tomorrow but fully expect to go into August.

I can't be induced at all either due to previous csections.
#12 is on the way
July 29th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMum View Post
I've been having quite regular contractions and bh for awhile. Last week they were every 5 minutes. No baby yet. I had contractions constantly with the first 3 and contractions the last 4 weeks with #4 and he was still late. So you just never know.
I've been having BH forever too. I guess I just got overly excited that they were totally regular for over an hour. Did you have regular contractions the last 4 weeks? Were they every night or just every once in a while? Where they increasingly painful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
I hope it is the beginnings of getting something going for you.

I know what you mean about going past your edd. I have with seven of my ten. Not to rain on the parade but there is some evidence that moms who tend to go past their "due date" usually continue with that pattern. I am "due" tomorrow but fully expect to go into August.

I can't be induced at all either due to previous csections.
in spite of my past history, I'm hoping I won't go past my due date With the other pregnancies, I didn't know the exact conception. This time I do. I'm hoping that is a little helpful.

If it wasn't for the achiness in my lower back and cramping feeling last night along with the BH, I probably would of completely ignored it. I just wondered if anyone here is getting regular ones, or have had regular BH that turned in to the real thing.

July 29th, 2013, 02:36 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have lots of bhs everynight I wouldnt say they are always timeable just some nights are. I had contractions allllll day yesterday and then they pittered out last night. They were getting stronger and then they kind of slowed down when i went to bed. Grrr. I just keep telling myself she will be late so I'm not disappointed but I'm not wanting to be induced either I hope if its not labor that its doing something productive so when it is time its quick! Good luck and kup!

Last edited by BeachMum; July 29th, 2013 at 03:07 PM.
July 29th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I had a few hours of regular BH with back pain and pressure just before 33 weeks. I went in to be checked and they were causing dilation, but stopped as soon as baby turned transverse instead of head down, so I didn't need any meds to stop labor but they did administer steroids and kept me overnight for observation and classified it as "early labor" so something could certainly be happening! I've never gone late and I still keenly remember how desperate I felt waiting to get my 1st out (the "latest" of my girls, she was born on her due date) so I can only imagine what it feels like to expect to go late.

July 29th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Super Mommy
Hopefully you are making some progress. I have been getting quite a few BH. They get more intense at bed time. I have had 3 nights where they went on long enough that I timed them. Last time was 1 1/2 hr of timing at 4-6 minutes apart but they did not get stronger. I only pay attention when it wraps around to my lower back.

Good luck to you. I hope that all this action means quick and easy labour.
mirdeemrlvs likes this.
July 29th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMum View Post
I have lots of bhs everynight I wouldnt say they are always timeable just some nights are. I had contractions allllll day yesterday and then they pittered out last night. They were getting stronger and then they kind of slowed down when i went to bed. Grrr. I just keep telling myself she will be late so I'm not disappointed but I'm not wanting to be induced either I hope if its not labor that its doing something productive so when it is time its quick! Good luck and kup!
ditto. In fact, I just told dh yesterday that I will probably like always go past my due date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessmom View Post
Hopefully you are making some progress. I have been getting quite a few BH. They get more intense at bed time. I have had 3 nights where they went on long enough that I timed them. Last time was 1 1/2 hr of timing at 4-6 minutes apart but they did not get stronger. I only pay attention when it wraps around to my lower back.

Good luck to you. I hope that all this action means quick and easy labour.
same here. I think the test will be tonight to see if it comes back. Crazy... at about 27/28 weeks I was having all sorts of things going on, thought for sure I was going into preterm labor and now not as much, just these regular BH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenilope View Post
I had a few hours of regular BH with back pain and pressure just before 33 weeks. I went in to be checked and they were causing dilation, but stopped as soon as baby turned transverse instead of head down, so I didn't need any meds to stop labor but they did administer steroids and kept me overnight for observation and classified it as "early labor" so something could certainly be happening! I've never gone late and I still keenly remember how desperate I felt waiting to get my 1st out (the "latest" of my girls, she was born on her due date) so I can only imagine what it feels like to expect to go late.
That's one thing I am wondering about. I was having so much pressure and trouble bending over. Yesterday, I started feeling kicking WAY to my right side which is totally different and also I feel "lower".. but, more like she moved to her head on my left and feet on my right. I usually know where her back/head is because I can feel her hiccupping on my left down low. I hope she doesn't stay transverse if she is now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search